Team Exec.

Our new day to day van, with an extra kid we had to upgrade the storage space so bit the bullet and bought this a few weeks ago. Already got roof bars and side rails fitted, just got splitter, spoiker suspension and wheels to go and phase 1 is complete, hopefully i will add the pic's next week20200801_102828.jpg

Heat gun and dental floss - they are stuck on. They are chrome plastic so can be quite brittle

Oooo! First 6.1 Caravelle I’ve seen! How is it?

I love it but it's not exactly as I ordered it because they took so long to get it built, they switched to model year 21 so a few differences from the book. There's no sport option on the DSG (which I'm not really fussed about), no torch that I can find (good night pack), to switch off the interior alarm you need to go into infotainment menus rather than using a button, and they've deleted the heated windscreen!

The test model I drove at the beginning of the year was on 17" wheels and it felt really soft and comfy but this one on 18"s feels really stiff and crashy - hopefully it'll soften up with a bit of use. It's really good on the motorway... sooo comfy in my armchair with the adaptive cruise taking care of the tedious stuff like managing speed.

I've wanted one of these for so long, I won't be able to hear any dissenting voices... I absolutely love it.

Hi @ScottyMac, looks fantastic, I have a 6.1 exec on order but I have a long wait which is a bit of a struggle. For MY21 I have also heard there is no flocked lining or aircon in the glovebox, does yours have it, also it has been discussed the middle row rails for the table have been removed. It would be great if you could let me know thanks,

Hi @ScottyMac, looks fantastic, I have a 6.1 exec on order but I have a long wait which is a bit of a struggle. For MY21 I have also heard there is no flocked lining or aircon in the glovebox, does yours have it, also it has been discussed the middle row rails for the table have been removed. It would be great if you could let me know thanks,

I'm not too sure about the glovebox actually. I'll have a look later on and let you know.

The rails for the table are still there. I suspect when they say they aren't putting in table rails, they mean in non-exec models with a side table? No need to spend money putting in floor rails if the spec of van wouldn't normally have them - Who knows what goes through the minds of the accountants at VW? I'm most annoyed about the lack of heated windscreen!

Thanks, that makes sense on the rail, I did not realise non exec have a side table instead. When I ordered mine, the heated window was deleted when I added the extra sound insulation glass which seemed strange, does yours have that, if not Heated Screen was part of the specification in the brochure?

Thanks, that makes sense on the rail, I did not realise non exec have a side table instead. When I ordered mine, the heated window was deleted when I added the extra sound insulation glass which seemed strange, does yours have that, if not Heated Screen was part of the specification in the brochure?

Ah.. yes I have the acoustic glass option. That explains that.

Back