Team Exec.

I love it but it's not exactly as I ordered it because they took so long to get it built, they switched to model year 21 so a few differences from the book. There's no sport option on the DSG (which I'm not really fussed about), no torch that I can find (good night pack), to switch off the interior alarm you need to go into infotainment menus rather than using a button, and they've deleted the heated windscreen!

The test model I drove at the beginning of the year was on 17" wheels and it felt really soft and comfy but this one on 18"s feels really stiff and crashy - hopefully it'll soften up with a bit of use. It's really good on the motorway... sooo comfy in my armchair with the adaptive cruise taking care of the tedious stuff like managing speed.

I've wanted one of these for so long, I won't be able to hear any dissenting voices... I absolutely love it.
Just had a call from my dealer to say my Exec is currently in transit to them. They are desperate to get it out by the end of the month so hopefully picking it up on Wednesday afternoon.:somersault:

Just had a call from my dealer to say my Exec is currently in transit to them. They are desperate to get it out by the end of the month so hopefully picking it up on Wednesday afternoon.:somersault:
Excellent news, how long have you been waiting?

Whoa that seems mad, worries me that the expectation the dealer set of 16 to 20 weeks for me is somewhat optimistic but I guess it has been a crazy 6 months with Covid.

Whoa that seems mad, worries me that the expectation the dealer set of 16 to 20 weeks for me is somewhat optimistic but I guess it has been a crazy 6 months with Covid.
When did you place your order? Mine was scheduled for build in week 17 originally but then COVID knocked everything back, not just manufacturing but the whole supply chain. Just been talking to the dealer and he said that his orders are being allocated to week 5 2021 at the moment so seems the supply chain is still not back to normal. I suspect some of these MY21 changes are down to supply issues.

I only placed the order 2 weeks ago so very early days and I have not got a build week yet, from your conversation with the dealer it looks like the earliest I could expect it is March next year.

This is great news. Have you spoken to your insurance company yet? Mine refused to switch because they say it's a van and they don't insure vans and wouldn't hear the argument that it's listed as a 5dr MPV on the registration. I switched to Brentacre and got a decent deal. Another thing to consider is that it seems most insurers
(Brentacre included) require a tracker fitted for vehicles over £50k. I managed to arrange the tracker fitment at the dealer before I picked it up so it was all ready to go on the day.

This is great news. Have you spoken to your insurance company yet? Mine refused to switch because they say it's a van and they don't insure vans and wouldn't hear the argument that it's listed as a 5dr MPV on the registration. I switched to Brentacre and got a decent deal. Another thing to consider is that it seems most insurers
(Brentacre included) require a tracker fitted for vehicles over £50k. I managed to arrange the tracker fitment at the dealer before I picked it up so it was all ready to go on the day.
Thanks for the heads up. I'd better call the insurance company tomorrow! I did do a quote with Direct Line a few weeks ago and they seemed OK but I didn't try to switch out on an existing policy.

Insurance sorted. Direct Line didn't bat an eyelid and switched my policy straight over from my Alhambra to the Caravelle. On top of that I got a £30 refund! As far as they are concerned if the car value is less than £75k they're not fussed about a tracker. Might still get one fitted though to protect my pride and joy.

Insurance sorted. Direct Line didn't bat an eyelid and switched my policy straight over from my Alhambra to the Caravelle. On top of that I got a £30 refund! As far as they are concerned if the car value is less than £75k they're not fussed about a tracker. Might still get one fitted though to protect my pride and joy.
Nicely done Sir!

That's really nice.

Is there no comfort dash anymore? There doesn't appear to be a bottle cooler either.

That's really nice.

Is there no comfort dash anymore? There doesn't appear to be a bottle cooler either.
There is no option (presently) for a comfort dash on the options list - wonder if an after-market option might come out soon. The one option I really want that is not yet available is the wireless charging port where the centre cup holder is. VWCS told me it cannot be fitted retrospectively - I like a good challenge! ;)

Had my Caravelle a year but I’m a bit slow off the mark( the van’s not)
Starting to think about a front splitter and side bars. Decisions as to whether black or chrome? Would love some ideas and opinions from those more knowledgeable than me ( basically anyone on here )4A3225BE-1AED-46BE-B9E6-F2BFF23ECEB6.jpegA26DCDA2-66F5-4DBA-AF52-622093BE41F9.jpeg

Back