Team Deep Pearl Black

If I am to understand your signature it appears that you have had the benefit of owning both a silver and black!
Was the heat noticeably different between the two?
Next time round would you buy black again?

I know any vehicle will get bloody hot on a warm day whatever the colour, but was curious about black specifically since I have two young kids and they probably wouldn't cope well if it was unbearable. Ironically their favourite colour is black :D

Yes, I had a silver one and now black. The silver one had charcoal and light grey carpet, the black one has black carpet. I used the same sound deadening and insulation in both vans.

The black one definitely seems hotter inside.

It‘s worth mentioning that neither of my vans are/were a camper so not slept in them - but we do sit in them to eat lunch etc.

I‘d still have another black one as they look fab when clean.

Van is clean (ish) for the first time in ages.

My god they need a lot of work, more so when they've not been looked after by previous owners!

I'm going to get it professionally detailed, polished and ceramic coated later this year once I've replaced the wheels.

Last edited:
Was working on location at Silverstone the other week so got obligatory pic of van in the pits.... hehe.

T32 Kombi. Pretty much standard but have - rear lip spoiler on barn doors, side bars, wind deflectors, and front spoiler along with a gearbox remap and tints on rear passenger windows.

Lil snap of the front too.

Plans are to get some Koni active shocks, and maybe that's it! Pondering whether I go black badges as I like the all black theme but wonder whether it'd look pony or not...

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

Looks ace, what is it sitting on now? doesn't look stock suspension?
Cheers mate.
Mystery springs and standard shocks it came with (to me).
Ride is, er, a bit agricultural. And my previous ride is a 2010 defender 110, 96k miles and still on the original suspension so my benchmark is pretty low

Had a measure and I reckon it’s down about 55 mm from standard.

Ride improved a bit after I dropped the air pressure in the tyres to 39 psi from 55 psi

Had em on my mk2 Polo coupe S, 3 mk 1 Golf GTi’s, my Mk 2 Golf GTi, and my Corrado. Was called “Bad Boy Look” back in the day.

Had to be done.
Haha I’m the same bro

Had a Nova SRI and Corsa B with C20LET engines dumped in them, and all the brows and silly additions you can think of

Soooo slight update for you guys, after a few months of working away and getting work done. Ghost has now got dc to do charging, a 3000w inverter, and to now power everything with 240v off grid.....a 560ah custom built lithium battery, with solar charging as well we have 5G Internet on board at all times, and next 2 weeks, xbox series x carbon Black to be installed and a ninja air fryer in the cupboard for all cooking

Oh and we now have All terrain tyres just incase.

20231120_113254.jpg

Another addition to team deep pearl black! Owned for a while now and only just got round to making an entrance.
Lowered on solow coilovers (about 90mm ish), 20 inch audi rs8 wheels, black leather, black roof liner.
Photo took at Siblyback lake, bodmin Moor.

20231017_153402.jpg

Back