Team Banded Brothers.

Watch this space!:whistle:
My new Chrome 17” banded GP’s turned up from Duchy Banded Wheels yesterday. These are to be my ‘winter’ wheels going forward, so had them wrapped in the latest generation Michelin Cross Climate 2’s this morning.

All was well until I was fitting the wheels this afternoon and spotted this on the sidewall of the tyre?

F5D63880-220A-41BA-8BB8-93392EB2727E.jpeg

Oadby tyres in Leicester are going to replace the tyre for me no problem, so full credit to them, but what a ball ache! After this everything went to shit…. the 19mm wheel nut socket that I use with my breaker bar split, then my 12v tyre inflator decided to pack up too!:thumbsdown:

My new Chrome 17” banded GP’s turned up from Duchy Banded Wheels yesterday. These are to be my ‘winter’ wheels going forward, so had them wrapped in the latest generation Michelin Cross Climate 2’s this morning.

All was well until I was fitting the wheels this afternoon and spotted this on the sidewall of the tyre?

View attachment 142772

Oadby tyres in Leicester are going to replace the tyre for me no problem, so full credit to them, but what a ball ache! After this everything went to shit…. the 19mm wheel nut socket that I use with my breaker bar split, then my 12v tyre inflator decided to pack up too!:thumbsdown:

Get some pics up then :cool:
Glad you got the tyre sorted, what size you gone for?

Get some pics up then :cool:
Glad you got the tyre sorted, what size you gone for?
I took the wheel/tyre back to the tyre shop yesterday afternoon for replacement on Monday, so I’ll get some pics when everything’s fitted on the van.

Tyre size I went for the factory size of 235/55/17 to keep the same overall diameter as my Amarok’s with 255/45/18.

Here’s a ‘naked’ pic….

1C9F720C-2845-4519-ACA2-855CF79B8510.jpeg

I took the wheel/tyre back to the tyre shop yesterday afternoon for replacement on Monday, so I’ll get some pics when everything’s fitted on the van.

Tyre size I went for the factory size of 235/55/17 to keep the same overall diameter as my Amarok’s with 255/45/18.

Here’s a ‘naked’ pic….

View attachment 142785

Stunning :cool:

Here’s a ‘naked’ pic….

View attachment 142785
I am tempted by these. If only they were 18 it would be a no brainer.

View attachment 142772

That's a bugger but sometimes it just seems to happen like that! If it's any constellation I'm on the cross climate 2s and what a tyre! No going back now! They do throw up a lot of crud though, jeeze the vans never been so dirty!!

That's a bugger but sometimes it just seems to happen like that! If it's any constellation I'm on the cross climate 2s and what a tyre! No going back now! They do throw up a lot of crud though, jeeze the vans never been so dirty!!
Totally agree with you on the CC’s! We fitted four to my Mrs’s Golf when she bought it last year to replace the crappy budget tyres that were causing a strange noise and like you say, what a tyre! It made a massive difference, both in terms of noise (lovely and quiet) and road handling! More importantly for the Mrs, confidence in all weathers. :thumbsup:

I had my solows fitted last week, was a bit worried about the ride but was blown away, fantastic setup, i have banded amaroks coming this week, 8.5 and 9s so a few quick question,
tyre size 255/45/18?
whats the best tyre to get?
will the gp centre caps fit or will i have to buy some?
if so, where from?

I had my solows fitted last week, was a bit worried about the ride but was blown away, fantastic setup, i have banded amaroks coming this week, 8.5 and 9s so a few quick question,
tyre size 255/45/18?
if so, where from?
I run Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 - 255 45 18s
and have no issues at all, I like the rim protector built into the tyre and I’ll probably buy them again for the summer as they need replacing when my amaroks go back on.

2633896D-7D43-40A2-B842-25CC38E57102.jpeg

I run Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 - 255 45 18s
and have no issues at all, I like the rim protector built into the tyre and I’ll probably buy them again for the summer as they need replacing when my amaroks go back on.
they are on my short lists of 3

tyre size 255/45/18?
if so, where from?
The centre caps you’ve got will fit fine.:thumbsup:

255/45/18 is a good size, but to be honest if I was you I’d go for 235/50/18.
I’m currently running 255/45/18 on 8.5” and 9.5”…. on the 9.5” they look great with a bit of stretch, but on the 8.5” I personally think they’re a bit too wide (bulbous).
Also I’d seriously consider an all season tyre…. the new Michelin Cross Climate 2!

Back