Team Banded Brothers.

Now this is the 3rd set of banded steels from Jamie, and not for the fact they don’t last, each set I’ve run for a full year and they are just great, the powder coat is done to perfection, everyone asks, do the stones mark them….. well, not that I’ve noticed, they get cleaned regularly, but not daily, and I think they are great.

The last picture shows the 3 colours I’ve had on my reflex silver, gloss black in 9&9.5, a set in smoked chrome 8.5&9 (the 9” front with the SoLow’s caused a bit of rubbing on the front, although it had chunky winter tyres on, The current set fitted last week 8.5&9.5 in what I refer to as Jamie’s “beastly” chrome, a favourite of Mr @Tourershine and I think they look great.

I’ve noticed seen as it’s just been raining constant since, that they stay looking fresher even when dirty compared to a darker wheel. But dark wheels on silver do look good. And I’m sure I will change again at some point, as I am massively craving some alloys for a change.

But for now, we have a different look! Wrapped in Bridgestone A005 Evo weather control 255/45’s as I’ve ran these the last year and they have lasted very well and done great in all weathers, the camber killed the rear’s while the rest of thetyre still had around 2mm (ish) but who doesn't love a bit of negative camber!

So @T6ARF what do you think as I know you like the chrome!?

View attachment 140174

View attachment 140175

View attachment 140176

View attachment 140177

I think they are the best look for your van yet! :cool:
I think the black and grey ones are far better. In fact the silver ones are terrible.

You should take them off and get rid of the asap.

I think the black and grey ones are far better. In fact the silver ones are terrible.

You should take them off and get rid of the asap.
Hahahaha!!! I wonder who wants a set of chromes …..

Actually the smoked chromes in that picture look quite dark, I do find in different light they look very different, here’s a pic of them when I was cleaning them up the other day, they look a lot lighter ….

2A2493E0-2913-496F-B688-5BB4F88E3248.jpeg

Now this is the 3rd set of banded steels from Jamie, and not for the fact they don’t last, each set I’ve run for a full year and they are just great, the powder coat is done to perfection, everyone asks, do the stones mark them….. well, not that I’ve noticed, they get cleaned regularly, but not daily, and I think they are great.

The last picture shows the 3 colours I’ve had on my reflex silver, gloss black in 9&9.5, a set in smoked chrome 8.5&9 (the 9” front with the SoLow’s caused a bit of rubbing on the front, although it had chunky winter tyres on, The current set fitted last week 8.5&9.5 in what I refer to as Jamie’s “beastly” chrome, a favourite of Mr @Tourershine and I think they look great.

I’ve noticed seen as it’s just been raining constant since, that they stay looking fresher even when dirty compared to a darker wheel. But dark wheels on silver do look good. And I’m sure I will change again at some point, as I am massively craving some alloys for a change.

But for now, we have a different look! Wrapped in Bridgestone A005 Evo weather control 255/45’s as I’ve ran these the last year and they have lasted very well and done great in all weathers, the camber killed the rear’s while the rest of thetyre still had around 2mm (ish) but who doesn't love a bit of negative camber!

So @T6ARF what do you think as I know you like the chrome!?

View attachment 140174

View attachment 140175

View attachment 140176

View attachment 140177
Dave I have to agree with @RedUn …. I think this is the best look on your Reflex Silver van to date…. the chrome looks simply stunning mate! :inlove:

Morning. Before I put an add in the For Sale section is anyone in Team Banded looking for a set of Duchy Amaroks in chrome? They were fitted 19/12/21, 8.5/9, Bridgestone Weather Control's 255/45/18 103. They are not for me unfortunately, going back OEM, perhaps Sportlines 18s. DM me if interested, John
IMG_4377.jpeg

Morning. Before I put an add in the For Sale section is anyone in Team Banded looking for a set of Duchy Amaroks in chrome? They were fitted 19/12/21, 8.5/9, Bridgestone Weather Control's 255/45/18 103. They are not for me unfortunately, going back OEM, perhaps Sportlines 18s. DM me if interested, John
View attachment 140294

Hi John, have you got any (side) pictures from further out (a side on view)
cheers :thumbsup:

Any rubbing at all? Do you think I’d get away with 50mm on same tyre and wheel setup?
You definitely won’t have any rubbing if you’re only 40 or 50mm down. I’m at least 80mm down with the same tyres and no problems at all. Other guys on here are running SoLows and they’re 100mm down before any adjustment. Go for it!:thumbsup:

Thanks man, I’ve been looking at springs at 55mm for my new 6.1, it’s a work van so don’t want coilovers as needs to be practical for day to day working, that’s great to hear, thanks

Back