Team Banded Brothers.

That reminds me. These bad boys came back yesterday from Duchy. It was inevitable that these 20" Navis Holey were never going to stay Black for long.

I just need to decide if I want to keep these or keep the set of Schmoov already on the van :unsure:

View attachment 140930View attachment 140931
I’m looking forward to seeing these on your van. Depending on the final result it may be enough the tempt me back onto steels. It’ll be chrome 20s for me too if they look how I hope they will.

I'm waiting to collect my Caravelle from the supplier,and i'm currently trying to sort out some banded steels . The problem now is what colour to go for , currently my favoured choice is BMW Ferris Grey dusted over Black ,courtesy of DBW .

Has anybody gone for this or similar and can post up a pic or two ? Colour of van is Pure Grey. 1641992300048.png
If anybody has any other suggestions fire away !

P.S. I also like the anthracite , chrome, pure Black , etc,etc :laugh:........................and Copper.

Will you be retaining the chrome trim on the grill etc? I think darker colours maybe work on lighter coloured vans and from a lot of the sets coming out recently I think the chrome suit them best, it helps show the depth of the wheel.

Will you be retaining the chrome trim on the grill etc? I think darker colours maybe work on lighter coloured vans and from a lot of the sets coming out recently I think the chrome suit them best, it helps show the depth of the wheel.
Hi there, The front will be all Gloss Black with Pure Grey running in a single line across the grille, Leighton Vans front splitter and the van will be on coilovers.
Your right in saying either darker or lighter ,it's just which way.

I'm waiting to collect my Caravelle from the supplier,and i'm currently trying to sort out some banded steels . The problem now is what colour to go for , currently my favoured choice is BMW Ferris Grey dusted over Black ,courtesy of DBW .

Has anybody gone for this or similar and can post up a pic or two ? Colour of van is Pure Grey. View attachment 141261
If anybody has any other suggestions fire away !

P.S. I also like the anthracite , chrome, pure Black , etc,etc :laugh:........................and Copper.
I had a set refurbished by a mate they were done matt black undercoat with bmw ferric grey on top, they looked very good. P.s I have a set for sale soon just being refurbished with Jamie in chrome ……

1642006858116.jpeg

I have been admiring this thread for a while now and have taken the opportunity to offer @DWS’s set of banded steels a new home.

My T32’s currently running on Koni shocks with a 40mm drop. I’ve only had the set-up for a year and it’s spot-on but based on how good some of these vans look, I’m going to have to take the hit and invest in SoLows. This wasn’t in the plan…

Have to admit you need to be low for these to looks good. Probably reason I'm not running them now as I don't want to go that low.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks both. Really helpful to see how the vans sit on the higher set-ups.

Think I’ll see how they look with the current drop (and then break out the credit card to fund the inevitable purchase of SoLows).

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks both. Really helpful to see how the vans sit on the higher set-ups.

Think I’ll see how they look with the current drop (and then break out the credit card to fund the inevitable purchase of SoLows).

You don't need so-lows to look good on banded steels.
They have an extreme drop and you'll potentially need to sort out niggles like tyres rubbing fixings in the arches etc.
And I don't care what people say... a van slammed 100mm+ can't be as comfy / well handling as a van lowered 60/70 let's say...
BUT these vans do LOOK good dropped low on banded steels.
Depends where your priorities lie I guess.

You don't need so-lows to look good on banded steels.
They have an extreme drop and you'll potentially need to sort out niggles like tyres rubbing fixings in the arches etc.
And I don't care what people say... a van slammed 100mm+ can't be as comfy / well handling as a van lowered 60/70 let's say...
BUT these vans do LOOK good dropped low on banded steels.
Depends where your priorities lie I guess.
I have solows and can only compare them to Bilstien b14’s and trust me comfort wise comparing b14 wound right down to solows mid adjustment there’s a world of difference. Tyre wise I ran banded steels with 255/45/18 standard 18” size and had no major rubbing issues, I think @DWS also ran solows with banded steels, as do many others. The only adjustments I had to do was take the top screw out of the front arch and move the arch liner up a bit, it was no biggy, you have to do that with most 20” wheels you fit anyway.

Back