Team Banded Brothers.

I whacked this picture on the Banded steel FB page to help people out with tyres sizes and what the different wheels look like at the same height, and to stop the stacks of private messages I get asking the same questions over and over again, and it was really interesting to see the differing opinions to favoured steel, with the same set getting more love than the others.

View attachment 110015
I’m really torn between the amaroks and the RRs on yours, I actually think at this moment in time the amaroks take the crown for me personally. To much rubber on the 17s but they definitely need a little more on them if you know what I mean.

I’m really torn between the amaroks and the RRs on yours, I actually think at this moment in time the amaroks take the crown for me personally. To much rubber on the 17s but they definitely need a little more on them if you know what I mean.

For me it's the RR's all day long. The Amaroks are the most commercial looking wheel, which is my favoured look, and with none painted bumpers, and low they work really well, giving a commercial van look, with a slammed twist.
These 17s are actually stunning in the flesh. Jamies finish is mirror shine, and I'm tempted to send him back my RR's and ask him to do them again to try and get this finish, but I don't know if it's the VW steel against the Range Rover steel that's giving the two Chromes a different finish, but the 17s are flawless. The more I look at the 17s, the more I like them and they have the deepest rear dish out of all the banded steels I've owned, but I get your 'too much tyre' comment because that was my concern too. The problem is, being as static low as I am currently, meant I literally couldn't go lower on the tyre profiles, or I wouldn't of got over staggered speed humps at all. So 50 profiles on my lows on 17s is the limit because the wheels are just too small for us.

After fitting them yesterday, I wasn't keen and I got offered good money through Instagram for the package, knowing I'd whacked on premium tyres, but this morning I've taken another look in the sun and I'm tempted to keep these as general all rounders.

Looks great, how did you get on levelling up the measurements from Center to arch ?
Making a start with it this morning. So will post measurements once done. Rear is surprisingly higher than I thought at max height so that will need dropping. Front I'm happy with just want less aggressive front rake so will lower the rear.

I’d be doing it as a precaution anyway. It’s really easy.

I just drilled a small hole in the rubber grommet on the side of the trailing arm and fitted the cable clip in to it and cable tied the top end to the arm closer to the bush.

Done. Was nice and easy took 5 mins each trailing arm

For me it's the RR's all day long. The Amaroks are the most commercial looking wheel, which is my favoured look, and with none painted bumpers, and low they work really well, giving a commercial van look, with a slammed twist.
These 17s are actually stunning in the flesh. Jamies finish is mirror shine, and I'm tempted to send him back my RR's and ask him to do them again to try and get this finish, but I don't know if it's the VW steel against the Range Rover steel that's giving the two Chromes a different finish, but the 17s are flawless. The more I look at the 17s, the more I like them and they have the deepest rear dish out of all the banded steels I've owned, but I get your 'too much tyre' comment because that was my concern too. The problem is, being as static low as I am currently, meant I literally couldn't go lower on the tyre profiles, or I wouldn't of got over staggered speed humps at all. So 50 profiles on my lows on 17s is the limit because the wheels are just too small for us.

After fitting them yesterday, I wasn't keen and I got offered good money through Instagram for the package, knowing I'd whacked on premium tyres, but this morning I've taken another look in the sun and I'm tempted to keep these as general all rounders.
As I’ve said before on this thread, just my personal opinion, but of your three pictures (I love them all - stunning in fact) I prefer the middle one. I don’t know what it is about the Amaroks, something to do with the amount of steel surface on show against the perforations (holes) is just right in my eyes. They’re all lovely though. :inlove:
I whacked this picture on the Banded steel FB page to help people out with tyres sizes and what the different wheels look like at the same height, and to stop the stacks of private messages I get asking the same questions over and over again, and it was really interesting to see the differing opinions to favoured steel, with the same set getting more love than the others.

View attachment 110015

The Amarok steels get my vote. A fantastic OEM+ look. The RRs look immense too, but less factory, perfect if you’re going for a modded look.

Photos don't do any of my wheels justice. Seeing them in the flesh, I bet some opinions change slightly.

Back