Team Banded Brothers.

Yes, looked on this forum, not sure which are recommended for comfort and adjustment ability, recommendation required folks and how much to lower
I’ve just had SoLows fitted as you will see above I posted some pics and a little write up, or..... my H&R springs I had will be for sale soon! But SoLow’s are the way to go imo!

Skip the springs just go straight to something better. It will save you ££ in the long run.

Sorry @DWS for killing the spring sale there :think smile bounce: I had just lowering springs once and it wasn’t nice.

Just to add even more activity to this ever growing thread......

I posted on page 1 my van with my 9” and 9.5” banded Amaroks which have Falken Eurowinter 255 45’s on, lowered on H&R springs.

I have got on order from Jamie another set of Amaroks in 8.5” and 9” as I was wanting to get the van on SoLow’s and thought there’s no way they will work with this wide a wheel, so hopefully soon I’ll have them and will be looking at wrapping them in some new tyres which I’m undecided upon yet!

Just over a week ago to throw a spanner in the works, a shock absorber decided to shit itself, so suspension became more urgent.

Spoke immediately to Oli @BognorMotors who managed to get a set for a T32 within a week (they are not in stock anywhere) and yesterday had it all fitted and kept everything crossed that the 9”& 9.5” wheels would be ok!!

Anyway, all fitted in a day with a couple of upgrades I hadn’t intended on just yet (cough cough Revo engine and DSG remap):)

Results so far are great, I’ve had it set on max height, I think they will run like mad on the front lowered any more, but no issues rubbing so far whilst driving or turning on full lock even with these size tyres. I’ve only done 200miles and have plenty more roads to test it on yet to see if any running does occur but nothing as yet.

They tuck in much nicer with the natural camber this set up gives and it looks great.

More to the point, it’s so comfortable to drive compared to lowering springs (which were on the van when I bought it) night and day, not bumpy or crashy it’s just lovely and smooth.

As for the map, mines a 180 euro 5 sport line..... what a difference, power wise and gearbox wise, the whole van is transformed! I’m going to put a few more miles on and write a decent review on here for Oli so others can read also and some great words about his team as they were brilliant.

Anyway, enough talking, here’s some pics (very wet day so not the best but hey ho)

View attachment 89887

View attachment 89888

View attachment 89889

Errrr.... you kept that quiet.

Yeah but lowered, powered and geared.
No messing around..
Yeah..... only had the van just over a year..... where do you go next!!!! Other than another set of Amaroks in a couple of weeks! Got tyres to decide upon too! The Falken Eurowinter’s have been good to be fair.... but I may try an all season next

Yeah..... only had the van just over a year..... where do you go next!!!! Other than another set of Amaroks in a couple of weeks! Got tyres to decide upon too! The Falken Eurowinter’s have been good to be fair.... but I may try an all season next
I don’t want to see loads of sidewall on these either :thumbsup: :whistle:

Reactions: DWS
Fellow SoLow and Banded Steel friends I need some help!

I visited @BognorMotors Friday and had a Hunter Alignment done with no issues and had them check my suspension as it was pulling to the left, as you can see from the print out all was ok. However, it’s still pulling to the left and it’s driving me crazy. I’ve checked the pressures and they are all the same, the SoLows are all level and my tyre treads are all evenly worn. Any ideas ?

5157DAD6-5964-4A9A-AC8B-A33F17C00335.jpeg

I visited @BognorMotors Friday and had a Hunter Alignment done with no issues and had them check my suspension as it was pulling to the left, as you can see from the print out all was ok. However, it’s still pulling to the left and it’s driving me crazy. I’ve checked the pressures and they are all the same, the SoLows are all level and my tyre treads are all evenly worn. Any ideas ?

View attachment 90301
I can't help with why it's pulling to the left, but they've used settings full load? It should always be no load, unless you are carrying a full tonne payload. Those rear toe numbers worry me. The no load setting gives a tighter tolerance for the rear toe and keeps them pointing more in a straight line. I worry you'll be wearing the outside of those rear tyres pretty quickly, just like many others of us have before we insisted on alignment centres using the no load setting.

View attachment 90301

I wasn’t there Friday. Have you driven down a camberless road. We have a number of settings for these vans that we can use so maybe give me a call tomorrow and we can have a chat.

I wasn’t there Friday. Have you driven down a camberless road. We have a number of settings for these vans that we can use so maybe give me a call tomorrow and we can have a chat.
I’ll give you a bell tomorrow, the last time I got it Hunter Aligned with THQ after the SoLows were fitted we went with a no load setting, to be honest I didn’t even look at what setting it was set to on Friday as I literally got in the van and went straight to VW for a service.

View attachment 90301

Back