Team Banded Brothers.

Slightly off topic question for you banded guys. I have some 17x8 steels to run on my new crafter but they are a tuff torque wheel as wanted to keep the load rating right as running at 3.5t plus 3t trailer at times.

Problem is centre caps, I have the standard black ones as per T6 that fit the radius VW bolts. But the tuff wheels take a 60deg taper bolt so don’t have the collars for the caps to clip onto.

Using a radius bolt on a taper wheel presumably is a no go so has anyone come up with other methods of securing the caps? Rare earth magnets is my only thought at the moment.

Any thoughts/experience?

Last edited:
I totally agree.
In an ideal world, i'd be running 235/40s but I need a little comfort being so low, so the 45s give that extra bounce. The fronts being 8.5s, don.t stretch sadly, and neither Michelin or Goodyear did smaller than 235s. Saying that, it gives a very obvious staggered look, which as you know, I love. The rears camber lovely and sit very wide and close to the outer arch, and the fronts tuck lovely under the arches, perfection for now.
@Tourershine Could I ask you for a big favour please.... when you have a spare five minutes?
I was wondering if you could take a picture of your front wheel/tyre combo (as you’ve done with your rear wheel/tyre in your post above) and post it on this thread please? The reason I’m asking is I have 8.5j wheels on the front and I’m looking at changing to the same size tyre.... 235/45 although this’ll be a 20 and it’d be great to get an idea of the look/stretch?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers, Matt :thumbsup:

@Tourershine Could I ask you for a big favour please.... when you have a spare five minutes?
I was wondering if you could take a picture of your front wheel/tyre combo (as you’ve done with your rear wheel/tyre in your post above) and post it on this thread please? The reason I’m asking is I have 8.5j wheels on the front and I’m looking at changing to the same size tyre.... 235/45 although this’ll be a 20 and it’d be great to get an idea of the look/stretch?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers, Matt :thumbsup:

235/45 won't give a stretched look on an 8.5" wheel Matt. A 235 just looks like its meant to be for an 8.5.

20201114_134520.jpg

aye not an obvious colour off of silver huh??? :confused:
I like black wheels on a silver van BUT not at all convinced with the black steels...

as you mention, i'd be interested to see the chrome and I think the German Grey could be good (giving enough contrast without losing the depth in the wheel)

I like black wheels on a silver van BUT not at all convinced with the black steels...

as you mention, i'd be interested to see the chrome and I think the German Grey could be good (giving enough contrast without losing the depth in the wheel)
Absolutely spot on mate.... I like black alloys on a silver van, but as you say, you lose too much of the dish and detail in a black steel :thumbsup:

What colour is your van?

Back