Who has done the hub mod? And what is it? Im curious as I cant imagine what it can be.

I have on my old van, all you do is grind out the return at the bottom of the hub where the shocker goes into. This will allow the shocker to go through further. You normally set it as close to the driveshaft boot as you dare.
You should then use a collor or other mechanical stop so the shocker can’t go through any further as at this point it’s only the bolt holding it in place.

I have on my old van, all you do is grind out the return at the bottom of the hub where the shocker goes into. This will allow the shocker to go through further. You normally set it as close to the driveshaft boot as you dare.
You should then use a collor or other mechanical stop so the shocker can’t go through any further as at this point it’s only the bolt holding it in place.

Not sure I understand that 100%, but will have a look next time I'm under the van to see if it makes more sense.

View attachment 49168
Welcome to team air. looks awesome mate, the colour combo is class. I just wish I had had the time to do mine myself.
Have you had it re-aligned and if so where and what settings did you go with.

Thanks for the welcome. It wasn’t my first choice of colour when I was searching for a van and made picking wheels a bit more limited, however I don’t think I would change it now.
I think the wheels on yours are really nice.

Not had it aligned yet, I’ve not had time to experiment with ride heights yet to decide the main height it will do most driving at.

Hi guys,

I've just picked up my new T6 Van, its a T30 DSG...... What a great drive. Best van I've ever had.
I bought this with the intention of modifying it as well as using it for work.
First on the list is Air Suspension, Some of the ones above look great. Whats the best one to go for?

Thanks for your recommendations.

Depends if budget is a factor. Accuair e-level is usually considered the best. But right up there is the airlift 3h system. Both of these are height based systems and will change your bag pressures on the fly to keep the van level.

Then you have pressure based systems which just inflate the bags to a set pressure. Airlift 3p and Accuair Vu4.

And then at the entry level you have a manual paddle valve system where you have toggle switches to adjust ride height.

If you look around you will sometimes grab a bargain, I got my accuair e-level system which was 90% new and unfitted for £1900

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

I'm on airlift 3h with abp bags.
It's been great so far and airlift normally do some black Friday deals.

Thanks for all the advise guys. So i've been doing a bit of research and needed a kit which would allow me to return the vehicle back to original.
I've decided to go for the Airlift Pressure based management with Airlift Front and Rear Struts. The Company told me that i can add the height sensors at a later stage if i wanted it as the wiring is already run with the pressure based system. The management systems comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty so cant complain there.

Will post up pictures once its done. Cant wait.IMG_0497.jpg

Just paid a deposit to Rosmia for a full VB system . So will soon be able to join Team Air!

Now have to wait 6-8 weeks for VB to make it. Can’t help thinking if they stayed out of the ‘special’ cafes in the Netherlands they could build it a bit quicker.

Back