Tailgate Window Tinting

Has anyone done this themselves? I'm considering having a bash!

I did the rear window on my T4 a few years ago, took a while to get it looking good enough.... but the T6 I had done by a pro and its a million times better than my last effort. The tint will cost you around £30 to have a go yourself but the pro changed me £80 and its guaranteed for life against bubbles and peeling off.

For the extra cost I'd recommend using a company who will replace at the first sign of peeling, cheaper in the long run.

I agree with the last comments, I’ve had a go at it and it looked ok-ish and took ages but I eventually ripped it off and took it to a proper tinter. The difference was immense, what you can do in an hour will take them 5 mins and look 100 times better.

Hi, I have a transporter/camper that came with the standard tinting rear window, and would like to get a dark tint to match the side windows, any recommendations for companies in the Nottingham area to get the tinting done, cheers
Kappa tints have done all my vehicles and he will come to you also

Going to get my tailgate window tinted. If you have had this done, how dark did you go? Full limo tint? Was your tint dark enough, too dark or int the Goldilocks zone (just right)?

Thanks

I got mine done so it was similar level to the factory dark tint not limo. It’s still pretty dark and it is quite hard to see in from the outside unless you press your nose up to the glass but even then it’s not easy.

I have a factory Kombi with the darkest tint. While it suits the black paintwork to have it so dark it is probably more of an inconvenience on all but the brightest sunny days.

I got mine done so it was similar level to the factory dark tint not limo. It’s still pretty dark and it is quite hard to see in from the outside unless you press your nose up to the glass but even then it’s not easy.
I haven’t got windows put in yet. I will be going with THQ glass. Sk can’t really match. Apart from the rear 1/4 panels will be sunny windows so totally black.

I have a factory Kombi with the darkest tint. While it suits the black paintwork to have it so dark it is probably more of an inconvenience on all but the brightest sunny days.
So your windows are just darkest OEM and no aftermarket film? Have you got sny pics please?

Mine is limo tinted, no regrets and no dazzle at night from poorly aligned headlights following.

There's a cracking guy near Bordon in Hampshire who did my long wheelbase Caravelle for 250 quid and it's a beautiful job
Hi just looking at doing my vw windows ,living near bordon can you remember the name of the company . Cheers matt

Im after getting my OEM rear window tinted limo black

Any recomendations please ?
Where not to go !
What not to do ?

Im considering Tint R in Nottingham

Many Thanks Romany....
Im after getting my OEM rear window tinted limo black

Any recomendations please ?
Where not to go !
What not to do ?

Im considering Tint R in Nottingham

Many Thanks Romany....
Got my rear window tinted (film) to match my side windows(limo tint). Heated and wiper. No issues. Had a few cars done now by the same guy and never had any issues with heating elements being damaged as the film just lays on top and probably protects it to some extent. Much cheaper than new glass too. Cost me about 70-80 quid I think as far as I can remember or it could have been even cheaper. Image Window tinting in Wigan. Long way from Nottingham I know but the point is I wouldn't hesitate to have it done. Any reputable vinyl wrap place will sort it in no time. Go for it. Soz for the shite photo btwVan4.jpg!

Back