Tinting to match existing windows

Chris1983

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

New owner of 2016 birch over hillside t6 camper.

Rear windows are tinted. Want to add tiny film to tailgate window but would like it to match the rest.

Anyone know how I can fathom what current % is?

many thanks,

Chris

29A15B76-30AB-4A17-A44D-72822F914539.jpeg

F1582615-E999-4E4C-A718-5FA58B17F863.jpeg

We had ours tinted limo tint to match the aftermarket side windows fitted during conversion which I think is 5%

Thank you,

I asked hillside but they weren’t sure.

I would quite like it to match sides obvs.

Mine isn’t a hillside but I guess like ours that osr window is fake on yours for a wardrobe and although in the photo you can see through the middle window in real life it looks the same right? So matching the side technically isn’t possible as at least one of the sides isn’t a window! On our the limo tint works well and I’ve never noticed a difference in look from outside.
IMG_8728.jpeg

Looks like camper glass say they use 80% privacy glass but I guess that’s different to tint %.

alot of tinters will have a light or tint measuring device, such as the police can use to test illegal tints of front windows. any place you are looking to get it done might be able to match it for you?

I’m not sure what the % light transmission is, but I had the rear window on my Birchover done, and asked the tint place to match the side ones, and they said that it was their standard way of doing it unless asked otherwise. I’m happy with what they did, looks much better not being able to see the blind surround from the outside

Thank you, anyone know/ used anywhere in Liverpool area? Recommendations etc?

All info much obliged folks. Thank you.

Chris

I used my local branch a few years back and was happy with the service and outcome.

They have an online tint generator, and the installer carried all of their shades on his van so you could choose the best option for your needs.

A tintist should be able to measure the level of the existing window tint.

Same here. I went one down from limo tint. Not sure how to link, but i posted pics in another thread earlier this year.

Thanks all, again if anyone knows anywhere nw that will do a film tint so let me know. BW Chris

I had my rear window tinted on my Birchover, the local said that Limo was to dark so we went for a lighter shade of tint which matches well.

I’m planning to do exactly the same thing on my Birchover and am looking for a supplier that can supply a film that will match the tint of the side windows. I’ve found it hard to know what density of tint to order. What tint density did your supplier use Chris?

Wrapping Tinting Branding PPF Ceramic Coating Wraps | Revolutionwraps

In Louth Lincolnshire, they changed £80.
I’m planning to do exactly the same thing on my Birchover and am looking for a supplier that can supply a film that will match the tint of the side windows. I’ve found it hard to know what density of tint to order. What tint density did your supplier use Chris?

In Louth Lincolnshire they charged £80

I’m planning to do it myself so just looking for a supplier of the tint film but want to be specific about the % of tint so it matches the rear side windows.

Back