T7 Multivan

While I'm on a roll....
If anybody's familiar with the Harry's garage and Harry's Farm YouTube channel he's posted a review of the new Defender commercial that Landrover lent him, the review isn't the normal gushing tribute, he does pick fault with bits of it.
But he says that he inadvertently forgot to spec it with AT tyres for use on his farm. This chap is off-road every day come rain or shine. Anyway, it arrived with all season tyres and he says they're so good off-road he wouldn't now want to compromise the on road performance by fitting AT tyres. That's an interesting view from somebody who knows about driving off road.
But the T7 images are just trying to sell a lifestyle image, it's about Instagram not real life. If you need AT tyres and jerry cans on the roof I'd seriously question if a T7 is the right vehicle for you.

While I'm on a roll....
If anybody's familiar with the Harry's garage and Harry's Farm YouTube channel he's posted a review of the new Defender commercial that Landrover lent him, the review isn't the normal gushing tribute, he does pick fault with bits of it.
But he says that he inadvertently forgot to spec it with AT tyres for use on his farm. This chap is off-road every day come rain or shine. Anyway, it arrived with all season tyres and he says they're so good off-road he wouldn't now want to compromise the on road performance by fitting AT tyres. That's an interesting view from somebody who knows about driving off road.
But the T7 images are just trying to sell a lifestyle image, it's about Instagram not real life. If you need AT tyres and jerry cans on the roof I'd seriously question if a T7 is the right vehicle for you.
Agree the roof apparatus I posted on the above picture is above and beyond what I would be looking for. A couple of standard roof rails would do for me.
Interesting comment on tyres. I have all season tyres on my current transit, which are admittedly a massive improvement on the standard tyres in the Alps in winter, but always assumed a set of ATs would be the next step up for driving in deeper snow (even with 2WD). I'd be interested in others views on this as my imcoming VW will spend 6 months every year in the Alps.

If you are spending serious time in the Alps then you should be looking at full winter tyres. I’m sure you know, but grip in snow and cold conditions is mainly down to the softer rubber compound. AT tyres, though slightly softer are all about strength and big knobbles, where as winter tyres have smaller sipes for gripping the snow.

Seems to be a fair amount of buzz today about the VW.....thingy. Details are still a bit vague, but the biggest no no for me are the price and lack of range.

Seems to be a fair amount of buzz today about the VW
Yeah, in principle id love to get an electric kombi but I want the versatility and 'ruggedness' This thing looks like a cartoon on the inside that even a millennial would consider juvenile.

Range is best case 250 mile. Some other stand out points are 200bhp and 0-60 in 7 sec. 75kw battery which is about 12 hours to charge on home charger. At least £50k at launch. Memory manoeuvring so you teach it to drive into your garage. 18 inch wheels as standard, up to 20 optional. Rear wheel drive.
The Cargo version is too expensive for a medium van.

Be interesting to see what the reported 115kw, LWB 4WD costs when it arrives later. Would be interested in that as a conversion base but recon you'd be looking at 70k before modding it.

Well bit bizarre was in a car park in Newgale Wales today preparing to go for a surf. Pulled up next to a people carrier didn’t give it a second look til I saw the vw logo in wheel centres. I realised it was a new T7 multivan exec. Spoke to the family who said it was a hire car. Made sense as it had body boards stuffed up he middle and it was full of sand. First impressions, not a fan, don’t like the flat at the rear of the bonnet looks like a shelf. I was having kittens about the sand, hate it in my van or car this thing had enough to build castles in it

I've just got back from a 3 week holiday in my Motorhome that took us through France, Italy, Austria, Germany and Switzerland, and the T7 is hugely popular in Europe, we saw loads.

Still don't like it though.

I was picked up from the railway station in one by the dealers when I bought my van. It was nice, a pleasant ride, but I went home in a T6. Salesman said they hadn't been as popular as expected.

I was seriously considering replacing my Caravelle with the new Multivan until I had a look round one. VW did a really poor job on the design and it really put me off. So many nit picks, nasty cheap plastics and some big whoppers. For example, the driver seat sits significantly further back compared to the T6 which sacrifices interior space, seat rails have no rubber gaskets so will just fill up with crud, and the seat belts are mounted on the pillars rather than on the seats which limits what you can do with the seat configuration. Still has the same leaky side windows too! The only bits I did like were the panoramic roof and decent stereo system, both of which are £1k+ options. Bit of an own goal for VW in my opinion.

I like them and will be buying one next year likely to replace my T6.1, it will be slammed on wheels and have some other bits done before i even set eyes on it.

You may have meant this thread about the T7 Transporter van built in partnership with Ford:

This thread was about the T7 Multivan which is a wholly VW designed and built vehicle.

THQ checks out the new VW T7/FORD custom.

1705062276491.png

THQ checks out the new VW T7/FORD custom.

If the timing chain has been upgraded then great lol

View attachment 225098

I know there’s a lot of flack about the timing chains on fords but after speaking to a guy who has had his engine rebuilt twice on his custom, it sounds like a real issue…maybe they have updated that aspect?

Back