T7 Multivan

Hi @Purdster, when you order your Caravelle would you please let me know the timescale you are quoted, I ordered mine Sept 2020 and still no build date so I am interested to see what they said and if it is the standard 12-16 weeks I got quoted.

HAH! They got rid of the sliding windows and put a panoramic roof in, what could possibly go wrong?!

It's not replacing the T6.1 though, it's being sold alongside the commercial platform.

So still being new here, I have read back how much most people hated the 6.1 with the dog bone front and how much it is liked now. I am working on the assumption that you are going to come around at some point as you may when the 6.1 is replaced with a Transit (although perhaps that will be a more bitter pill).

I don't hate it so much

I really like the plugin Hybrid and would love to have seen one in the T6.1 I do a lot of short journeys with only the odd long one, but long is long so I am not tempted by the current electric T6.1. I'd love to see it with some after marker 20" wheels as the suspension is already effectively lowered (there is also a factory option for 20mm lower) and I hope they will follow on with a Sportline grill or someone else does as it could do with being a bit less feminine at the front. Already got a spoiler. There is a lot here that I would have to spend extra money and time on to get on a T6.1. Many things you all seem to value on the options list for the 6.1 is standard on the higher spec, digital dashboard, LED lights, etc.

44k Euro including VAT for the entry level one sounds pretty good for such a big vehicle (if that was to translate to a price in the UK). Unfortunately that jumps to 58k Euro if you just swap to the Hybrid engine which is a chunk of change for the basic spec

Then there is the typical VW issue. The options list is still frustratingly long , compared to something like a Tesla. Even if you buy the top of the range (which is 25k more than the entry level) you still have to pay extra for basics like radar cruse control, blind spot detector, heated steering wheel. Then even more for those little luxuries that would be standard on a Tesla such as leather, heated seats, glass roof or dynamic chassis control. It makes leasing almost a non starter as options are really expensive when you lease. I would much preferred to see more of a Citroen style top of the range where you get almost everything on the options list but looking at this price list it would be 100k. That is just too much.

Back