T7 Multivan

That's the Multivan. It's more of a Sharran, not the next Transporter.

The discounts available at launch on the T7 Multivan are awful compared to other models- Very low single digits!

The brochure is out and I have an email copy - trying to work out how to attach it !

We tried to order one and the system is not taking orders presently. This will hold the price of Caravelle ls up nicely, as you can no longer order them.

Got it. Here you go :cool:

Sorry if this has already been added but couldn’t see it

Attachments

• Multivan brochure January 2022.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 87
Thanks for linking this. I was exploring if it is going to be useful as a base for a camper conversion, with hybrid capabilities, but the payload is only a bit over 500kg, so the answer is no. If you put some big passengers in each seat you could go over the gross weight limit.

That’s an old picture from months ago, I don’t think it’s fair to keep pulling it from the archives like it’s someone’s daily motor spontaneously combusting
If this happens on more occasions then fair enough but this is the only one I have heard of ?

volkswagen-multivan-t7-by-delta4x4-front-corner (1).jpg
Interesting. Like the look of this but doubt there will be the extent of aftermarkets parts compared to the transporter.

I like the idea of the hybrid engine and the fact that lead times will likely be a lot less than my current kombi order (I guess this is where all the DSG boxes are currently going), and think the internals are so much more in keeping with a 60k motor; however, the reduction in rear space (even with only 2 rows of seats fitted) is a concern given I want to fit a mountain bike in there.

It's on the mpv platform so isn't a van any more.
I'm aware of that but just want a luxurious box on wheels with the flexibility to carry bikes, passengers, seats in/out, and ideally with lower environmental impact going forward (although that depends on the journey with a hybrid )
My current order for a Kombi ticks all the requirement boxes except the hybrid engine, but by the time I've kitted it out will still end up north of the Multivan's price, won't be half as luxurious inside in the cabin area and will still arrive probably 6 months later that VW can deliver the Multivan.
Still, first world problems.....

View attachment 142084
Interesting. Like the look of this but doubt there will be the extent of aftermarkets parts compared to the transporter.

I like the idea of the hybrid engine and the fact that lead times will likely be a lot less than my current kombi order (I guess this is where all the DSG boxes are currently going), and think the internals are so much more in keeping with a 60k motor; however, the reduction in rear space (even with only 2 rows of seats fitted) is a concern given I want to fit a mountain bike in there.
I love the sleek aerodynamic lines, it's all about efficiency and reducing the energy required to cut through the air, saving the planet, don't you know!
So to then strap a couple of jerry cans and the spare wheel to the roof is just a masterstroke. :rolleyes:

Back