T6F... I was just thinking

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
I actually was just thinking that I only use a couple of forums, this one, and one for my business.

The thing I was actually thinking about was the fact that many forums tend to be for venting issues.
Now, I may of only had my new T6 a few weeks, but i've done 4000 miles already, and nothing has gone wrong! (don't say i've jinxed it)
But really, nothing has gone wrong with my T6. I have no snags, no issues, no complaints! This compared with the shopping list of issues I had with my previous 2015 Vivaro is a miracle. I'm genuine happy with every aspect of my new van and if I was a rich man, i'd go any buy another one tomorrow.

A little random as a thread, but just sharing the love..

Seems almost comical that all I did as an early member of the Brickyards T5 section was moan about the constant warranty issues with my T5 174.
Everything from a clonking steering column, overboosting turbos, notchy gear changes and ripped out drivshafts, eventually leading to me selling it as soon as it was 3 years old. ( Surprisingly, VW,s legendary residual values didn't seem to apply to my van !! ).
So turning my back on VW I went over to Vauxhalls Vivaro, with expectations set quite low. Was truely stunned that the van performed faultlessly for 8 years and only lost a fraction in value compared to the previous T5, and was again replaced with the new Vivaro 1.6 biturbo 140, which again, has performed faultlessly for the three years I've had it.
Obviously, my new T6 is awesome, and I love it !. ( regens and mpg aside ).
How is it that two vehicles built the same , ( manufacturer aside ), can give thier owners such a different experience.

Both the dodgy ones were built by monkeys on a Friday.
I had a clonking steering column on my Vivaro, and Vauxhall said it was because it was on it's full adjustment outwards. Stupid thing was, when I pushed it in, it stopped clonking. Cannot believe your newer Vivaro didn't even have a door fall off, or a door handle come off in your hand! Mine did that in the 1st month of ownership.

Reactions: .50
Both the dodgy ones were built by monkeys on a Friday.
I had a clonking steering column on my Vivaro, and Vauxhall said it was because it was on it's full adjustment outwards. Stupid thing was, when I pushed it in, it stopped clonking. Cannot believe your newer Vivaro didn't even have a door fall off, or a door handle come off in your hand! Mine did that in the 1st month of ownership.

I would recomend those vans to anyone, and you would tell them to run a mile !!.

I guess it's like anything in life, some are good and some are bad, even if they are identical. Most of the issues I had, were very common and it was a great conversation starter with another Vivaro owner whilst filling up with fuel.

Back