CLOSED: T6 / T6.1 Campervan wanted

Griggsyboy

VIP Member
Hello folks,

We are new to this forum, but at first glance, it looks great!

We are currently looking for a converted T6 or T6.1 campervan to buy. We have a few boxes that we are looking to tick, but we are flexible too. Our main requirements are as follows:

- Automatic gearbox (manual still ok for the right spec).
- Low mileage (under 50k).
- fully converted with pop top and kitchen.
- 2 swivel single captain seats upfront.
- 3 seats in the rear.
- ULEZ compliant.

We have a good idea of price, and we are willing to pay for the right spec / build.

Alternatively, we are open to buying a T6 or T6.1 that we can partly convert ourselves or pay someone to convert for us. For example, a van that looks the part externally, ticks or mileage, transmission and ULEZ boxes, that we can then get fitted with a pop top and kitchen etc.

Sorry if we sound a little green / fresh. We are new campervan hunters trying to see what is our best option.

Thanks all…

Paul

Have a look through the vans for sale on the Forum, including mine !
3 seats in the back with full camper conversion may limit your options though

3 seats in the back is a challenge. We have the Reimo Variotech which has 3 belted seats in a regular sized 1155 mm bed. For a skinny teen and her two skinny friends that works, and with the bench up front it gives us the flexibility of a six seater vehicle.

For wider adults it would be a squeeze. You can go wider, at the cost of much narrower cupboards. For 5 passengers, you will have much more choice of used converted vehicles with 3 up front and two in the back. If you are doing it yourself, then you can get exactly what you want.

Like I said, unless someone tells me otherwise :think smile bounce:
The Euro 5 to Euro 6 switch was around July 2016 from what I understand. I have a Euro 5 T6, Reg May 2016, built around March 2016 according to the dates I see on components.

Have a look through the vans for sale on the Forum, including mine !
3 seats in the back with full camper conversion may limit your options though
Thanks… we might have to settle for two seats in the back, but ideally we can find one with three seats. We are a family of four. We love the full swivel rotating captain seats in the front too. I’ll have a look for your van now

3 seats in the back is a challenge. We have the Reimo Variotech which has 3 belted seats in a regular sized 1155 mm bed. For a skinny teen and her two skinny friends that works, and with the bench up front it gives us the flexibility of a six seater vehicle.

For wider adults it would be a squeeze. You can go wider, at the cost of much narrower cupboards. For 5 passengers, you will have much more choice of used converted vehicles with 3 up front and two in the back. If you are doing it yourself, then you can get exactly what you want.
Thanks. There are four of us and we’d ideally like an extra seat in the back for a fifth passenger. A narrow kitchen would suit us perfectly to allow for the wider back seats. We saw this arrangement recently at camper king and Loved it…

361EBBEB-EF95-4C02-9BDA-BB9D50DE2A3C.jpeg

81FAC264-F346-459D-86FE-43BF84689C7D.jpeg

F6CEEB0A-44FF-407F-AB07-CF8F37DB3700.jpeg

C244FB6B-C230-44E7-9B81-55FFBF553097.jpeg

368F2F98-7567-42EA-80DF-71E790314B7E.jpeg

This van is perfect, but we’re looking for a SWB ideally. It’s going to be an every day car for us too
If you have room to park a LWB at home then "it's going to be a daily" is a really poor reason for choosing a SWB... IMO. The difference between SWB and LWB when driving is negligible; the difference when parking is marginal; but the difference in room available when camping is significant.

This is great to know! We’ve never driven either, but we live in Hertford, and parking my Polo there is a friggin nightmare! My missus has an A5, which is pretty long, so maybe a LWB is doable

I maybe considering selling mine this season.

It’s everything your asking for only two seats in the rear, conversion is 18 months old

33k miles 2017 DSG SWB in indium grey

Thanks… we might have to settle for two seats in the back, but ideally we can find one with three seats. We are a family of four. We love the full swivel rotating captain seats in the front too. I’ll have a look for your van now

This is great to know! We’ve never driven either, but we live in Hertford, and parking my Polo there is a friggin nightmare! My missus has an A5, which is pretty long, so maybe a LWB is doable
Only you can assess the parking situation at home, but that was the one thing for me that would have stymied a LWB purchase.

Hi I maybe considering selling mine this season.

It’s everything your asking for only two seats in the rear, conversion is 18 months old

33k miles 2017 DSG SWB in indium grey
Sounds very interesting. Any pics

Sounds very interesting. Any pics
Well nice mate. We’d definitely be interested

Back