CLOSED: T6 / T6.1 Campervan wanted

Only you can assess the parking situation at home, but that was the one thing for me that would have stymied a LWB purchase.
If it’s not too much different, then we’ll defo start considering LWB vans now. Cheers

Reactions: Bav
This is great to know! We’ve never driven either, but we live in Hertford, and parking my Polo there is a friggin nightmare! My missus has an A5, which is pretty long, so maybe a LWB is doable
0.6m extra, if you need 5 seats for 5 bums I reckon you’ll appreciate the extra space in a LWB. That said LWB are not as common but kids never get smaller.

great looking van…don’t think my pennies could stretch to what I’d guess you’d like for it

I created what you are looking for a few years ago using a shuttle… kept the 3 seats in the back, remove the 2+1 from the middle (& removed the brackets) (after dropping fuel tank). Used a Van King tailgate bed extension (most comfy camper bed I’ve ever slept on) and custom made a kitchen pod in a tear shape to allow the bed to extend in full. Worked brilliantly.

I created what you are looking for a few years ago using a shuttle… kept the 3 seats in the back, remove the 2+1 from the middle (& removed the brackets) (after dropping fuel tank). Used a Van King tailgate bed extension (most comfy camper bed I’ve ever slept on) and custom made a kitchen pod in a tear shape to allow the bed to extend in full. Worked brilliantly.
Sounds bloomin lovely! I haven’t heard of a shuttle van before . Having just googled them, are they longer than a LWB transporter? Do conversion companies offer conversions on them like the T6 and T6.1 vans?

Sounds bloomin lovely! I haven’t heard of a shuttle van before . Having just googled them, are they longer than a LWB transporter? Do conversion companies offer conversions on them like the T6 and T6.1 vans?
No - same length. Some convertors shy away from Shuttles due to the twin sliders and the rear air venting/ACC/lighting complicating things slightly, but there are lots that will be unfazed by those things.

As @Bav says, a few added complications. Twin slider means the back of the kitchen gets turned into a bar (tick in the box as far as I’m concerned) or such like, the roof liner needs modifying (if you put in a pop top) you use the existing trim rather than panels (I popped them off, insulated and put them back) and unless you take out camper insurance then an insurer will think you have 9 occupants which pushes the price up (just get camper insurance straight away) and initial purchase price is a bit higher. But loads of positives… interior trim is much nicer, seats technically safer, windows as standard, built in blinds and rear heater can be mod converted to diesel heater.

A couple of years ago, before I decided to place a factory-order, I was looking for a used Shuttle to convert. I was advised that the cost to convert a Shuttle was lower than the cost to convert a Kombi or van (at least in part on the basis of pre-existing windows). Looking back, I'm sceptical there would have been much difference in cost, but I never got to find out as I couldn't source the Shuttle I wanted - I was looking for a LWB 8-seater and these were as common as hens' teeth.

A couple of years ago, before I decided to place a factory-order, I was looking for a used Shuttle to convert. I was advised that the cost to convert a Shuttle was lower than the cost to convert a Kombi or van (at least in part on the basis of pre-existing windows). Looking back, I'm sceptical there would have been much difference in cost, but I never got to find out as I couldn't source the Shuttle I wanted - I was looking for a LWB 8-seater and these were as common as hens' teeth.
When I converted my Kombi to a campervan with a Cali seat bed system I got £1200 back selling the rear seat (2+1), belts, floor brackets and floor mat.
It’s not going to pay for the conversion but it more than covered the extra 2 windows.

Hello folks,

We are new to this forum, but at first glance, it looks great!

We are currently looking for a converted T6 or T6.1 campervan to buy. We have a few boxes that we are looking to tick, but we are flexible too. Our main requirements are as follows:

- Automatic gearbox (manual still ok for the right spec).
- Low mileage (under 50k).
- fully converted with pop top and kitchen.
- 2 swivel single captain seats upfront.
- 3 seats in the rear.
- ULEZ compliant.

We have a good idea of price, and we are willing to pay for the right spec / build.

Alternatively, we are open to buying a T6 or T6.1 that we can partly convert ourselves or pay someone to convert for us. For example, a van that looks the part externally, ticks or mileage, transmission and ULEZ boxes, that we can then get fitted with a pop top and kitchen etc.

Sorry if we sound a little green / fresh. We are new campervan hunters trying to see what is our best option.

Thanks all…

Paul
Hi Paul,
I am considering selling my 2019 VW T6 Transporter T32 - SWB - 4 WD Highline 204ps DSG Combi in Metalic DEEP BLACK. With twin electric sliding side doors. Fully converted, with many extras and daily progress pictures from the convertor.
It has only covered just over 13,000 MILES due to covid and, unfortunately, my wife’s illness, which is the reason for us considering selling. It has a very high spec but before going into greater detail wondered if you had a price range in mind. Having trouble with pictures just now, computer has just gone into “Black screen mode”….typical.
My best,
Ivan

Hi Paul,
I am considering selling my 2019 VW T6 Transporter T32 - SWB - 4 WD Highline 204ps DSG Combi in Metalic DEEP BLACK. With twin electric sliding side doors. Fully converted, with many extras and daily progress pictures from the convertor.
It has only covered just over 13,000 MILES due to covid and, unfortunately, my wife’s illness, which is the reason for us considering selling. It has a very high spec but before going into greater detail wondered if you had a price range in mind. Having trouble with pictures just now, computer has just gone into “Black screen mode”….typical.
My best,
Ivan
Hi Ivan,

Price would depend entirely on spec. Feel free to PM me some pics when you can

I knew I recognised that lovely van… we live round the corner from each other haha. I live up the road from TRFC. Near to Prenton Church. Small world mate. Always admire your van driving past.
Ahh ok, pop in for a coffee next time you pass mate

Hello folks,

We are currently looking for a converted T6 or T6.1 campervan to buy. We have a few boxes that we are looking to tick, but we are flexible too. Our main requirements are as follows:

- 3 seats in the rear.
- ULEZ compliant.

We have a good idea of price, and we are willing to pay for the right spec / build.

Alternatively, we are open to buying a T6 or T6.1 that we can partly convert ourselves or pay someone to convert for us. For example, a van that looks the part externally, ticks or mileage, transmission and ULEZ boxes, that we can then get fitted with a pop top and kitchen etc.

Sorry if we sound a little green / fresh. We are new campervan hunters trying to see what is our best option.

Thanks all…

Pa
Hello folks,

- 3 seats in the rear.
- ULEZ compliant.

Thanks all…

Paul
I've just posted my New Wave Verso for sale on the forum.
I've had it from new and it's done less than 10k miles registered in August 2021 and is a LOT less than I paid for it.

Back