T6 Side Repeater wiring

Jonnoa

Can anyone advise me where the side repeater wiring goes through to the loom and how best to access it.
It seem that an animal has chewed through the cable on both sides as when I remove the repeater the cable is no longer attached.
Have been advised that the Front Wings may need to come off to do a repair.
T6 Repeater.jpg

Already done by garage and they said there is no cable sticking out of the chassis leg, well on the side they had checked. Not sure about the other side. not checked yet.
I can't believe both side have been chewed through. This one in nearside. can it be accessed through the cover for the wipers or after removal of the battery, or is it a wing off job.

Sounds like someone’s put repeaters on to look ok for sale with no wiring very unlikely animals chewed both cables off

Sounds like someone’s put repeaters on to look ok for sale with no wiring very unlikely animals chewed both cables off
I take your point but it would not have passed its MOT lats time and we have owned the Vehicle for 3 years. There is also evidence of a rodent smell and another wire chewed neat the battery. Could the short on this side cause the other side to stop working, Blown fuse or a lockout on the BCM Module.
Also we have a 2018 T6 high spec with the identical problem, both side indicators/repeaters not working.

This is probably the indicator repeater loom inside the scuttle, it runs through the scuttle drain ports both sides. I seem to remember when sound deadening the front wings that the connector is between the wing and wheel arch liner.

View attachment 182616
Thanks will take a look there, can't believe both sides have been chewed.

Not sure if this helps, but it’s the direction where the wiring should run to

F16A58B9-E48C-4542-91D8-4E8C2B1AA125.jpeg

Thanks for all your advice. First Van fixed both side indicator wires were chewed through, managed to re-join them in the scuttle area.
Now the second Van has the same issue, can not find any evidence of Rodents around, nor are the wire chewed though and the Bulbs are fine.
Any suggestions.

Thanks for all your advice. First Van fixed both side indicator wires were chewed through, managed to re-join them in the scuttle area.
Now the second Van has the same issue, can not find any evidence of Rodents around, nor are the wire chewed though and the Bulbs are fine.
Any suggestions.
Hi,
I've got the same problem on a 2016 T6. looks like the cable has been rubbing on a sharp edge and cut through. Any advice about how to access the wiring would be much appreciated, hoping the cable can be accessed from the under bonnet scuttle area. TVM

Yes they can be accessed from the under bonnet scuttle area, you will also need to remove the flasher. Took me about an hour to do both sides and put it back together.
You need to remove the Wiper Arms to get the plastic cover off below the screen and the rubber trim, then it just pulls off.
I re soldered them back together and the put heat shrink insulation round the connections then added Black conduit down the whole length of the cables to protect it.

61kX2oG2qML._AC_SL1229_.jpg

Have exactly the same problem on my 2019 6.1. Wire has broken off where the indicator feed exits the loom under the scuttle. Obviously a common issue going on here...

Needs a grommet in the panel opening. The loom is fixed in the wrong place, repeater wires should be central in the hole not rubbing on the sharp edge as they are!

Same story here.
I pulled a faulty repeater indicator only to find the wiring cut and I also couldn't locate the other end to reconnect the wires.
Could someone possibly give me a better idea on where you look exactly?
I located the wiring loom under the scuttle but can't figure out where the wires have been severed.
Thanks in advance.

20230222_175656.jpg

Same story here.
I pulled a faulty repeater indicator only to find the wiring cut and I also couldn't locate the other end to reconnect the wires.
Could someone possibly give me a better idea on where you look exactly?
I located the wiring loom under the scuttle but can't figure out where the wires have been severed.
Thanks in advance.

View attachment 189311
The wire will be broken where it spurs off from the main loom. Difficult to spot, but remove the wrap near the hole in the inner wing and you'll hopefully discover it. Good luck!

The wire will be broken where it spurs off from the main loom. Difficult to spot, but remove the wrap near the hole in the inner wing and you'll hopefully discover it. Good luck!
Thanks. I found the broken wires after pulling the clip anchoring the loom to the sidewall just above the drainage hole. It's impossible to spot the wire ends without stripping the tape as you suggested. Decided the retainer clip was probably responsible for stressing the wires and ditched it.

I've just discovered the exact same problem on my 2019 T6 Shuttle, so thank you to everyone for providing so much detail.

This seems to be happining quite a lot, both my T6's 2017 and 2018 all 4 were broken in the same way all with in 6 months of each other. There is no protection where it goes through to the wings, surley there should be large gromet's or extra protection on the cabeling. Surley VW must know there is an issues with this and that it should be a recall.

Chances are it's not being reported by many as a problem and there's also likely a risk/impact calculation that VW go through to figure out if it's worth a recall :-(

Back