Fast blinkers Possible causes

Adam H

T6 Pro
Not sure if this is totally random or related to the cold weather recently, but all of a sudden my indicators are blinking quick after about 2 seconds of the indicator being put on. It's both directions, but I go outside, both front, back and side repeaters are blinking at a normal rate. So only seems to be dashboard blinking fast.

Any ideas what it could be ? Everything else is seeminly normal and i've checked in carista and no fault codes coming up other than the normal ones that show for an after market head unit.

I'm running Transporter HQ v3 DRL's on the front, THQ smoked rear LED's on the back and veedub transporters smoked side repeaters. All of have been on the van for over a year, fronts over 2 years

Many thanks for any info

I would suspect the cause to be a resistor on one of the LED lights. The double speed flash on the dashboard is caused by the bulb monitoring. You could try and isolate which lamp is causing the problem and fix it, or turn off the bulb monitoring with VCDS or similar.

I guess i could disconnect the side repeaters first and see if it still does it ? I would assume those are probably the lesser quality of all the lamps, so could be more likely to be effected by the cold. If it still does it with those disconnected im then looking at the rears, as those are simple to take off.

The fronts are a bit more involved in testing i would guess .

Yeah, mine does this. Turn off/on the ignition and it will reset. I’ve noticed it only does it when the indicator is on and the stop/start has operated, I.e. at traffic lights etc

Yeah, mine does this. Turn off/on the ignition and it will reset. I’ve noticed it only does it when the indicator is on and the stop/start has operated, I.e. at traffic lights etc

Does yours do it when the hazards are on ? I've not tested the hazards yet but I would think the same would apply ? Only started doing it a few days ago, to start with only on right turn indicator. But now its both.

Yeah. If the hazards are on and then the van started. I’ve got in the habit now of trying to remember to only use the indicators when the engines running. Can’t remember if it happens at any other time. When it does happen I just reset it as above, really can’t be bothered taking everything to pieces to try and find out where the fault lies. I have the THQ rear smoked LED’s (set to dynamic/sweeping), Travellin lite dynamic side repeaters and smoked black headlights with LED indicators from Trade Van Accessories.

Quick question for those "in the know". The fast blinkers being a warning there is a bulb out..............does that bulb need to be on the outside of the van ? Noticed yesterday that my interior lights above the dash have blown. They are the aftermarket red glow console : W8 Interior Light VW T5/5.1 T6 | Wagen Werks

Could that be the cause ?

No, hyperflash only occurs when there is a fault on the indicator circuit

Ah ok cool. Ironically It hasnt done it since it's been warmer again. Don't suppose it could also be triggered by a low voltage battery ? Was planning on throwing a ctek charger on it for a day or two to give it a boost.

Back