T6 Side Repeater wiring

Yes I agree but it is an MOT Falurre and why should we all pay to have them repaired. Luckely I did mime myself.

I completely agree.

Out of interest, did you solder yours or use something like a Wago connector (which is what I'm thinking of doing)?

Looking to tackle it this evening including adding conduit for protection.

I Solederd mine then heat shrink insulation then taped it with Canverse Tape to look orginal then added Black conduit down the whole length of the cables to protect it.
See my posting above 27th December.

Hi all I’m new to this group. I’ve just bought a T6 conversion. I went to Chang the repeater bulb on the N/S, and discovered that the wiring has snapped. Do I have to remove the wiper arms and battery to access to repair. Thanks in advance

Saw this thread trying to work out the same issue on our 2018 t6. Wiring snapped in the same way. Access via removing the small metal scuttle panel behind the battery. You can get slack by untaping the wire from the screen wash feed pipe. Hope this helps, and in theory if you tied some string around the plug before pulling it through so as to pull it back later, you should be able to do so without having to take the wheel and wheel arch liner down too. You can see the panel removed on the image attached

IMG_20231209_112518.jpg

Thanks for all your advice. First Van fixed both side indicator wires were chewed through, managed to re-join them in the scuttle area.
Now the second Van has the same issue, can not find any evidence of Rodents around, nor are the wire chewed though and the Bulbs are fine.
Any suggestions.
Hi. Would you have First Van contact details, please?

My problem with side repeaters turned out to be mice
Both side repeaters had stopped working at the same time, which was odd. Not fuse related, so needed a bit a technical expertise.
Found a VW van expert who removed baffles etc to get to the side repeater wiring and this was the first thing he found laying just in front of the ventillation grid. Mice indeed the culpritsl!
There was also some other evidence of minor nibbling to other wires, but nothing to worry about. Strange that they decided to go for the same side repeater wiring on both sides. Must be a favourite flavour.
All rewired and sleeved.
mice.jpg

Back