Yes i have made up looms for people and supplied complete kits to retro fit LED headlights but have gone about it in a different way by making full plug and play looms so everything connects around existing wiring and is fully removable, all our parts come direct from VW UK so works out more expensive than sourcing parts from different places online

Glad you got it all sorted in the end.. Is there a price on the looms or complete kit? As it might be easier with loom only with my situation if you know what I mean.. Ref the VAT side..

i'm interested too.
If i sell my Vel, i would put the old H7 and keep the led
Do we need VCDS for activating the led ?
Anyways, it's a really nice forum here, all of the poeple are very kind

Some extra coding for BCM/CEM

LED/DRL fine tuning
Byte 23 bit 4 - when ticked DRLs turn OFF when hand brake is ON
Byte 23 bit 7 - when ticked DRL/DRLs turn OFF when blinker or emergency lights are activated
;)

Cornering
Byte 12 bit 6 when ticked corresponding fog light switches ON when steering wheel is turned approx. 90°
Byte 21 bit 2 when ticked corresponding fog light switches ON when indicator is ON and speed is below approx. 25mph

Leaving Home & Coming Home
Byte 10 bit 1 - when ticked activates LH
Byte 10 bit 2 - when ticked activates CH
Byte 13 bit 6 - when ticked LH & CH work with low beam and when unticked LH & CH work with fog lights

I still don't know what bit and byte controls CH activation by pulling the key out of the ignition S/W or by opening of the drivers door.
Luckily it is triggered by drivers door on my vehicle by default.

Also I don't know yet what bit and byte controls automatic activation of CH instead of manual need for high beam trigger.
Maybe there is someone who knows and wants to share?

Thanks, that's great! Is the VCDS side difficult to sort? I'd prefer the LED over aftermarket as then it's all VW parts on the bus, I'm just looking into the wiring at the moment to see if they do the sub loom. But if not I'm confident in my own wiring abilities... Especially now I've got something to follow..:thumbsup: ;)

Okay, let's rock and roll.
I have worked out exactly the coding.:)
For the VW T6 LED headlights retrofit the following VCDS modifications have to be done in the long coding of 09 BCM/CEM

Byte 18 bit 0 1
Byte 18 bit 1 1
Byte 18 bit 2 0
Byte 18 bit 3 0
Byte 18 bit 4 1
Byte 18 bit 5 1
Byte 18 bit 6 1
Byte 18 bit 7 0
Byte 21 bit 0 1
Byte 22 bit 2 0
Byte 22 bit 4 1
Byte 23 bit 5 0

And by the way, all of the wiring from the halogen setup(either H4 or twin H7) can be reused for the LED lights except for the side lights.
Two new wires have to be run from BCM plug B
PIN5 to LHS lamp PIN10
PIN6 to RHS lamp PIN10
The reason is below.

20180214_222927(1).jpg

This is the voltage produced by BCM to the LED headlamps on PIN10 when side lights are switched ON.
At the same time 12V DC is supplied to PIN12.

And when DRLs are switched ON both PIN10 & PIN12 receive 12V DC.

If there is only one PIN(either 10 or 12) supplied with 12V DC DRLs/sides will remain OFF. Obviously this should not happen when retrofit was carried out properly.

Okay, let's rock and roll.
I have worked out exactly the coding.:)
For the VW T6 LED headlights retrofit the following VCDS modifications have to be done in the long coding of 09 BCM/CEM

Byte 18 bit 0 1
Byte 18 bit 1 1
Byte 18 bit 2 0
Byte 18 bit 3 0
Byte 18 bit 4 1
Byte 18 bit 5 1
Byte 18 bit 6 1
Byte 18 bit 7 0
Byte 21 bit 0 1
Byte 22 bit 4 1
Byte 23 bit 5 0

And by the way, all of the wiring from the halogen setup(either H4 or twin H7) can be reused for the LED lights except for the side lights.
Two new wires have to be run from BCM plug B
PIN5 to LHS lamp PIN10
PIN6 to RHS lamp PIN10
The reason is below.

View attachment 19044

This is the voltage produced by BCM to the LED headlamps on PIN10 when side lights are switched ON.
At the same time 12V DC is supplied to PIN12.

And when DRLs are switched ON both PIN10 & PIN12 receive 12V DC.

Superb work there.. And very great fully received.. :thumbsup: Just now to start budgeting for the parts :whistle:, still at least it's still chilly, and I prefer to do things In the warm nowadays, so a summer schedule me thinks.. ;)

Thanks very much for youe work on this. LED headlights seem within range now. Time to start collecting the parts :)

No, this extra menu shows up after connecting control module for automatic headlight range control.

Reactions: mmi
Click below
IFI :: Free services
then click
CarProg2
and then select your model and year and go to section 9 and open picture number 941-035

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Back