I haven't got the levelling at the moment I am just planning to get the units in and working, will look at adding the levelling later on (time and money allowing) thankfully the lights come out the box pointing straight and appear to have some manual adjusters on them so once installed will get them on a beam adjuster jig at the garage and check out the manual adjustment properly
If everything goes according to plan then no reason we can't do a diy kit of parts/wiring if people are interested

@Pauly your a legend. Defo interested in a kit.. Wow so excited.. there is light at the end of the tunnel as we are now officially heading back towards those dark nights... yay

Excellent work @Pauly following this with interest. Just a shame you have had to experiment and be the guinea pig and VW have supplied such shabby light s and have since buried their heads in the sand.

Interested!
I had B14s fitted at Transporter HQ recently and Andy showed me the headlight upgrade units that they are planning to bring to market end of summer time. Not full LED but aiming at somewhere between H7 and LED performance.

The remaining parts arrived today so the power modules are actually screwed to the lights now and am going to redo the wiring loom tonight/tomorrow ready to fit over the weekend then it will be a trip to the garage next week to see the boss of an mot testing station to check beam pattern and mot technicalities/legalities then will know where I'm at

Bought a van yesterday with everything on it I wanted apart from the extra dust seals and led headlights. When asking about the led lights I was given the figure of £5600 to have them done at VW. This price is a bargain and something im considering

Only question now is do i fit a caravelle grille while i have the front end of ?
Not overly mad on chrome but like the way the top chrome strip on the caravelle grille adds onto the additional chrome bit higher up in the led headlights

Choices choices ??????

View attachment 9879
Hi @Pauly . I would also like to fit the Caravelle Grill to my Highline Kombi. Is there much involved in removing the bumper or is it really simple and straightforward? I am only capable of the very basics!

It's not a 5 minute job but when you know where the clips/screws are its not so bad, I have videoed myself removing mine but need to add some photos of the hidden fixings you can't see on the video, I am planning to take these pics this weekend when I do the leds so I will be able to provide a basic guide, it takes me about half hour to remove it and about the same to refit it but reckon an hour each way of you have never done it before

Thank you, that's very helpful. The problem for me would probably being to get under the van without a lift !

You don't need to get under it I always do mine on the floor, the only thing underneath is two torx drive screws either side fixing the bottom rear bumper edge, get yourself a T20 torx drive bit to go in a small socket/ratchet and some trim tools (which I have in stock if reqd) and that undoes virtually everything :thumbsup:

This is my main tools when working on van

image.jpeg

I'm really going to have to get my lights sorted before this winter and we go back to GMT - drove in the proper dark last night and I'm reminded how 5h1t3 the H4 are.

Watching with great interest.

Back