T6 LWB T30 140 Acapulco blue - Build Thread

My Evo Motion kit arrived and I built it over the last two nights. Issues encountered -

Wrong instructions sent with package - Correct instructions emailed but hard to follow/poor detail
Recess holes missing from tall wardrobe end panel
Worktop cut for wrong sink/hob
Worktop raising panel hinge hole in wrong position
Catches missing for flap down drawer and sliding drawer
Overhead locker boards are incorrect meaning the door closes flush at one side and is a whole thickness proud at the other
Rear panel on sliding drawer is too high

Evo Motion have alreadty agreed to send the correct tall wardrobe end panel but I spotted the rest of the issues last night so will have to phone them Monday to sort.

Issues aside and poor instructions aside it really is a nice piece of kit once its together. Just a bit annoying I need to go through this hassle in the mean time.

Ill post photos once the replacement parts arrive

Doing a proper job @xpfloyd
Are those tambour doors too?
Thanks @Polzeylad , yes those are tambour doors in the tall wardrobe and there's also one on the curved end behind the drivers seat, maybe hard to see in that pic. I wanted tambour doors in the wardrobe as so many kits seem to have doors that you can't open unless the rib bed is down which I thought would be a pain.

It's the 5.4F kit from evo motion design

Thanks @Polzeylad , yes those are tambour doors in the tall wardrobe and there's also one on the curved end behind the drivers seat, maybe hard to see in that pic. I wanted tambour doors in the wardrobe as so many kits seem to have doors that you can't open unless the rib bed is down which I thought would be a pain.

It's the 5.4F kit from evo motion design
Looks top notch.
The Cali wardrobe doors are tambours and really useful.
My dad made his from scratch by hand for his T4 camper. Did a great job. I wouldn't have a clue how to do it!

At one point I was considering buying sheets of the light weight finished ply and building my own - thank god I didn't!!! The flat pack pre cut stuff is difficult enough

@xpfloyd. Flat pack furniture is difficult enough, doesn't help if wrong pieces are included. Work so far looks first rate and the units look substantial and they'll look good once installed. I'm pretty sure that you'll get the later problems sorted judging by the response to your first queries.

Looks really nice @xpfloyd. I had a good look round that site when looking for inspiration on mine. Unfortunately my funds didn't stretch that far do went the ikea route. Have you gone for the top loading fridge?

Spoke to Evo Design today and thought I would post an update to my issues as they have been very helpful and it seems only fair I note that for people that are reading this going forward -

Recess holes missing from tall wardrobe end panel - New panel being cut and sent to me. It was an error on their website where it said this was included and they are providing for free due to that error (normally a £30 upgrade)
Worktop cut for wrong sink/hob - Apparently its the correct cutout but there are little timber pieces that you add which wedges it in place - Would have been nice if this was noted in the instructions but at least its sorted
Worktop raising panel hinge hole in wrong position - This is apparently the way its supposed to be i.e. one hinge is further inboard than the other - will try tonight and see how it goes - hopefully the issue is gone
Catches missing for flap down drawer and sliding drawer - angle catches provided for normal drawers - you are supposed to hammer these flat for these drawers - again would have been nice if that was clearly noted in the instructions. Apparently theres a video on their site somewhere showing this - I havent found it
Overhead locker boards are incorrect meaning the door closes flush at one side and is a whole thickness proud at the other - Seems like the pre-drilled holes are incorrect but I will be able to drill my own holes and sort to save new parts having to be cut
Rear panel on sliding drawer is too high - This is the way its supposed to be im told - doesn't reflect what is shown in the instructions but not a big deal

So one new panel being sent to me by them due to a mix up at their end and a little bit of alteration of existing parts by me at this end and all should be well

@xpfloyd a thought on..

Rear panel on sliding drawer is too high - This is the way its supposed to be im told - doesn't reflect what is shown in the instructions but not a big deal

Is the rear panel this way as a draw stop on full extension? Or to stop bits coming out the back?

I assume it's to stop bits falling out the back which is fine but the reason I thought it was incorrect is that the two sides of the rear panel are unfinished and don't have the groove to apply the knock on edging, only the top edge had the groove . You probably won't see the edges of that piece though which is perhaps why it's like that but the instructions show a completely different drawer makeup. It's probably better being high though to stop stuff falling down the back constantly

Aha.. Yep, thought I'd ask, just in case you were going to mod it by saw lol, but will be better than trying to get those dropped bits back lol

Back