LWB 4th row seat belts

JustForIt

Latvian member
Hello,
Can Someone please share some knowledge- where and how the seat belts for the fourth row are bolted? I can't find this anywhere. Is there any custom bracket welded? Looking at the parts catalog, some belts described that they are for cars with a rear blower. Attached photo of them.

Photos would be very helpful, or maybe it could be marked in my images.
i marked my vision for the right side roller, but not sure if it's correct, and don't know where the bottom end are bolted. Probably upper end are bolted to the seatbelt bracket, which is inside the pillar (similar as for 3rd row). Looks like Air duct from the blower to the headliner are at the front of that spot too. That duct are elastic, i can modify, extend, replace with something else it if needed. But would like the original setup, the same with seatbelts.

Example from Caravelle Seat Configuration video - looks like he has a rear air blower (maybe removed?), and 4th seat belts installed - that would be my goal.
Thank You very much.

Goal.jpg

MyCar.jpg

Diagram.jpg

Belts.jpg

Setup.JPG

AirDuct.png

Did wonder what these blanks were for and now I know. They will give you an idea of where those bolts go which are not where I think you are drawing. This is also LWB.

What seat are you intending to install on the fourth row as IF the vehicle has hvac and Shuttle panels (what you’d call a Caravelle in Europe) the triple bench won’t fit.

When I was swapping out interior have to say binding recall seeing any parts of the rear upright that are designed to take the hanger very much as your photo so am intrigued as cannot imagine there is an a different metal part.
IMG_6444.jpeg

IMG_6443.jpeg

Hello,
Thank You for reply, it is European Caravelle - it was modified. At the middle there is 2 individual very nice Jany seats, rotating 360, folding back like bed, regulating left and right, front and back.. i want to keep them. Wanted to add 4th row (rare config, still no examples for seatbelt fixings under the trim..), so there would be lots of space for family. i have a triple seat with a round cutout at the heater side. Please look at the first video below for example (only question, does that car still have heater installed, and what the fixings looks like). i am interested what are behind these cover trims. in some catalog, there is description, that seatbelts for cars with 2nd heater.. Probably will buy that bracket, and try to test does it fit where i imagine it should be. Upper bolting i would only need a exact measurements, i can find it based of the cover trim. Lower bolting currently no idea, because there is heater behind that spot, and i don't see any relevant bracket there. Left side looks easer to figure out.

As a last option (Plan B) would be to install rails and multivan seats (these both Jany seats are cooler than multivan seats, because they folds back..)

That's why some example photos would be very helpful.

ABC.JPG

2ndHeat.JPG

Caravelle.JPG

Left.jpg

Right1.jpg

Right2.jpg

Right3.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting video from Oz although wasn't aware a triple bench would fit in the very rear like that on a LWB so next time mine is out of the loft I am going to try it as I have a set of brackets in the fourth row. I found it interesting that the Oz say no triple in mid row and double in the back as no access to the rear third row. Well thats what the tailgate is for! Its still a door to the van.

In your video I thought you had the correct location for the seatbelt receiver to bolt into however looking at LLP parts I think that is just the location for the lower strap to bolt to and and I think you would need the weird bracket with the numbers 30/31/32 on it from your screenshot as well as this is what the bottom of the seatbelt belt would bolt into and then its about working out where the top mount goes.

Visually you should be able to draw an imaginary line from the front belts though the middle belts and to the very rear and this is where the fourth row top mount should hang - from that it might guide you on the mounting hole

Last edited:
wanted to clarify, that - that was not my video, just found examples - it looks like short base, and 3rd row, but idea is similar. Left side would be not a problem. Maybe there exist a different models of heaters. Will try to follow Your suggestions. just called official dealer, they told, that this is doable by them. Wanted to install them myself : ) Currently in my car there is at the 1st row - 2 individual seats, 2nd row - 2 individual Jany (360°) seats, and for luxury driving - just need a 4th row (multivan triple seat would be the best, but officials will not approve modified, customized and combined seat fixings - shortened rails for example). (3rd row will stay as a free space for comfy) :)
4th row triple seat have a round cutout at the heater's side!..
3rd row seat will not fit there most likely
Very nice example photos:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing how you make it work as well now I am thinking its an upgrade that I dont need but want ha ha

oh wow now I see the special triple for the fourth row in the photo with the cutout. In all my transporter time of owning never ever seen one of them

Interesting video from Oz although wasn't aware a triple bench would fit in the very rear like that on a LWB so next time mine is out of the loft I am going to try it as I have a set of brackets in the fourth row. I found it interesting that the Oz say no triple in mid row and double in the back as no access to the rear third row. Well thats what the tailgate is for! Its still a door to the van.

In your video I thought you had the correct location for the seatbelt receiver to bolt into however looking at LLP parts I think that is just the location for the lower strap to bolt to and and I think you would need the weird bracket with the numbers 30/31/32 on it from your screenshot as well as this is what the bottom of the seatbelt belt would bolt into and then its about working out where the top mount goes.

Visually you should be able to draw an imaginary line from the front belts though the middle belts and to the very rear and this is where the fourth row top mount should hang - from that it might guide you on the mounting hole
Looks like some of these catalogs are mixing diagrams. These brackets are for 3rd (i saw somewhere here, that they are optional, maybe for configs with 2ndHeater - and that's where this sentence comes in). there is no place where to attach them in 4th row.. Examples still wanted : )

Bracket3rdRow.jpg

Maybe You thought about this number 30 @archersam , thank You for pointing me to pay more attention to the diagrams, it starts to make sense. Attached photos of
nr21, 7H9809761 Reinforcement plate for seat belt mounting, left side
nr30, 7H3810414 Retaining bracket for vehicles with three-point seat belts, rear right side (for vehicles with 2nd heat exchanger)

21.jpg

30.jpg

Last edited:
I think the black spider leg bracket might only be in use in a shuttle where it has full plastic interior like in an SE as what it does is space the captive nut away from the van a few inches so that it sits just behind the plastic panel.

I shared the video to a FB shuttle page to see if anyone else might have some input.

1709889751572.png

How did you get on @JustForIt ?
Today got another batch of parts, still waiting for others, little by little it's moving forward.

Looks like there is an error with Nr41 (it is without a partnumber). It is actually a Nr30 (one of the two: 7H3810812A) named - bracket mount, that fits on top of the right wheel arch (most likely should be welded), and on top of it - sits Nr30 second partnumber 7H3810414 (bracked, that i already shared)

Nr33 comes at the place i imagine it should.
Nr32 attaches to the both D pillars, with a blind rivets i believe.
Nr22 attaches to the left side, the pre driled holes matches to the bracket.
Nr20 attaches to the side too - at lower level (this one looks like i need only for the left side, bought them for both sides).

Still waiting for the belts, D pillar covers, then will take and share some photos of each part, and how it looks together.

Most of the brackets are fixed with something like this (attached photos):

Catalog.png

HexRivet.jpg

BlindRivetTool.jpg

They are fancy rivnuts for sure, I guess with the hex you can then tighten then much tighter than the round hole ones which makes sense seeing as it is for seatbelts.

For the left side bracket, there are pre cutted Hex holes M8, but according to the catalog there is expected larger M10 round rivets..

Btw, maybe You have some underbody photos of Your T6 Long @archersam ? as i understood, your car has these 4th row seat fixing brackets installed (photo with a cat, whats under the floor?) : )

wanted to check - if there is underbody reinforcements for the 4th seat? i saw somewhere that originaly there are thicker metal plates, and reinforcements not installed from factory.

Rivets.jpg

LeftBracket.jpg

SeatBrackets.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yes I have fourth row brackets installed by a converter however I do not have any photos.

I dont think anything special is under there other than the usual brackets for going underneath anywhere else in the van like these:

Ah yes I have fourth row brackets installed by a converter however I do not have any photos.

I dont think anything special is under there other than the usual brackets for going underneath anywhere else in the van like these:

Yes, these are needed for 2nd and 3rd row, but for the 4th someone posted in this forum, that not needed, because at that spot floor is reinforced. And bolts will become shorter if an additional layer is applied. but this is the easiest, and one of the lastest thing to resolve.

Back