Third row seatbelts install.

VioletVW

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi,

Does anyone have photos of the third row seatbelt mounting points? I'll soon be adding the belts and if I could see how everything is bolted in then I would feel more confident when doing the job. I'm aware that my kombi has the threads for the belts (see below) but I also have seat belt reinforcement plates - are these necessary? From pictures I've seen online, many vans don't have them so I'm a bit confused.

Bottom thread:
PXL_20231012_092353738.jpg

Top thread:

PXL_20231012_092440138.jpg

I can see two points as shown above where the belt is attached, the third is behind the cover:

3rd row belts 12.jpeg

When I purchased the belts, they came with these:

PXL_20231012_182227712.jpg

Is this part necessary? If so, does anyone have a pic of it in place?

Also, is there a torque setting for the bolts or is it just 'tight'?

Thanks.

You don’t need the spider as we call it . That’s if you have a rear heater. As you already had the threaded holes you don’t need the spreader plates either. It should all just screw straight in from memory. Can confirm tomorrow when I have van in front of me.

As Oli says you shouldn't need the bracket in the bottom picture, that part (minus bracket) bolts into the threaded section at the wheel arch (your 1st Pic).
I added them to my kombi and didn't need any extra seat belt reinforcement plates as they should already be there in a factory Kombi. The whole assembly should just bolt straight in.
The actual reel that holds the belt is mounted behind the grey hardboard panels. Once you remove the panel it should hopefully be obvious as there is a place for it already there.

You then just need to cut a slot/ hole in the hardboard panel for the belt to come through so you can refit the panel.

You don’t need the spider as we call it . That’s if you have a rear heater. As you already had the threaded holes you don’t need the spreader plates either. It should all just screw straight in from memory. Can confirm tomorrow when I have van in front of me.
Thanks Oli. I do have the rear heater funny thing. I've not taken the cover panel off yet so no idea what it looks like underneath. From what you've said, I will need the spider on the right hand side...

Looking at the picture above, is the spider in place for belts in the forth row or third? I'm not with my van at the moment to check.

That's correct with the heater you will need it

Pic above should belts in place for third row - this is how yours will look

That's correct with the heater you will need it

Pic above should belts in place for third row - this is how yours will look
I can see it now! I thought the opening was the rear door but I can see it's the side door :rolleyes::D

I'll have a nose on the weekend and see how far I get with it.

Quick question.

What type of clips are used on the plastic panel that covers the rear heater?

I'm thinking of buying spares in case I snap a few when removing it.

Back