T6 LED headlight damaged - replacement options?

Whisperinbri

VIP Member
Good morning folks

Hit a Deer last night and burst my nearside headllamp
Its a 2019 sport line van with full LED headlamp
Think this is going to be an expensive repair
Is there an aftermarket headlamp available, ie Valeo or similar that will replace the unit
or is it going to have to be a genuine headlamp from VW
Id imagine these won't be far off the thousand pound mark
Any help would be much appreciated

Good morning folks

Hit a Deer last night and burst my nearside headllamp
Its a 2019 sport line van with full LED headlamp
Think this is going to be an expensive repair
Is there an aftermarket headlamp available, ie Valeo or similar that will replace the unit
or is it going to have to be a genuine headlamp from VW
Id imagine these won't be far off the thousand pound mark
Any help would be much appreciated
Is it the lens that is damaged, or are the lamps within it also damaged?
If you upload a photo of the headlamp, I'll tell you whether it looks repairable; I bought two LED headlamps with smashed lenses and replaced them both using the (generic) lens from H4 headlamps (which you'll pick up off other members for free once they've upgraded to H7 and found no one wants to buy the H4's off of them).

If you've got the time, it'll take a day to dig out the glue from the channel in your LED so the replacement can be bonded in (with Sika or a similar adhesive) and remove the lens from a H4 unit (which you can cut to pieces, just ensuring care is taken around the lens edges).
If this doesn't sound like fun, Trup at EM Tuning will be able to swap the lenses.

The alternative is exactly what @Insert Coin states - eBay replacements. I don't know if the patent has been released or whether the units in production are still OEM, but they are made by Valeo if memory serves me correctly.

I'd recommend taping up the existing lens to keep moisture out of the unit while you consider, if you haven't already.

Back