T6 Insurance After Mods

Direct Line for me. Everything listed but only the lowering springs and alloys made a slight difference to my premium.

Andy, just an heads up, aviva and possibly others won't take no claims from another vehicle and make you start the van at zero no claims, mine was £550 on a T32 140, but with all the brentacre comments I've read on here I think I will give em a call come renewal
We have both the T6 and my wife's Tourag with Privilege. They were quite happy about transferring the no claims from a car, and did not charge any extra for the aftermarket alloys or lowering. They may not be the cheapest but they are extremely efficient on the phone and were excellent when sorting out a major (non-fault) claim

Just had a quote from Brentacre, £470 with any mods that don't increase the power of the engine.

Just to add, 20000 miles per year, windscreen claim this year, full NCD and a speeding fine 4 years ago.

NFU National Farmers Mutualfor me, Range Rover Sport,Mercedes e500 & Hymer Motorhome this last year with full no claims £1200.00.
Just Sold the Hymer and had my renewal for this month £820.00 for the 2cars, I tried Aviva & John Lewis but was a lot more so staying put.

I'm with Comfort Insurance, just asked today and B14s would make no difference to the cost :thumbsup:

£307 pa with zero NCD (co car), limited mileage 10k pa, 2nd vehicle use. Only advantage to reaching your 50s is cheaper insurance

I've just gone with Brentacre, Dave from sales was very knowledgeable and was obviously used to Camper/Bus owners ringing for quotations. The whole process only took 20 mins to complete over the phone.

Here's a breakdown for cost comparison:

Age;41
NCD; 9 years (Previous car NCD accepted)
Vehicle; 2016 Highline SWB 140
Mileage; 15ooo miles per year
Value; £26k
Cover; Fully Comp - Commercial
Residency; South Yorkshire
Parked; Drive
Mods; Alloys (20"), Front and Rear spoiler, side bars, rear windows added and tints, rear seats added, lowered 40mm.
Opted for legal cover @ £19.99 extra
Opted for protected NCD @ £25.00 extra

Total cost of insurance for above: £714.99 (is this reasonable??)

Hope this helps

What a tiresome business obtaining van insurance for my new Volkswagen Transporter Kombi T30 Highline SWB 2.0TDI 150PS EU6 BMT 6-speed manual, plus what a big difference in cost and service. Van value £35,000, 10,000pa miles, insured for me 48 & wife 37, 9+ years NCB

Here's my findings:

VW £738, spoke with Liam, good customer services

Adrian Flux £650, spoke with Ryan, Ok customer services

A Plan £550, spoke with David & Paul, terrible customer service, very rude both of them! Any vehicle over £35,000 requires a Tracker

Brentacre, £549.99, spoke with Bobby late afternoon, when we finished after painful Q & A, I said I'd like to go ahead. Sorry its 17:32, we'll have to call you back tomorrow!

Direct Line t. 0345 301 2882, £294.36, spoke with Julian, what a breath of fresh air, pleasant, great customer services and because Breantacre wanted to administrate in the morning it did me a favour, thank you Brentacre!

Unfortunately, I called them in that order, so if you are looking for van insurance, reverse my list, good luck guys!

Just called Direct Line....they won't touch an T6 with modifications...and I only got as far as sidebars and spoilers! Will try Brentacre Monday.

I had mine with a plan as it carried over from my last van . It got hit and the others insurance accepted responsibility but still got bad service from a plan .i had add ons with them like load van and legal protection so they just wanted to make more of it. All the add ons are with them not my insurance company so just made it all so complicated . I told them to stick it and sorted it out myself so say clear of them.

A-Plan quoted me over a grand!!! Basically told them where to go and got it for half that from somewhere else. Ended up getting mine through a company called Bridle Insurance - anyone used them before? Still in my 14 days so happy to consider my options if I'm missing something.

Big +1 for Brentacre - super friendly bloke on the phone and very helpful. Came in over £100 cheaper than anywhere else. As mentioned before, only engine BHP mods increase premium, key cover up to £1500, 90 days european cover, legal cover, 20,000 miles PA split 50/50 with business/social and cover to drive other vehicles. Sorted

Big +1 for Brentacre - super friendly bloke on the phone and very helpful. Came in over £100 cheaper than anywhere else. As mentioned before, only engine BHP mods increase premium, key cover up to £1500, 90 days european cover, legal cover, 20,000 miles PA split 50/50 with business/social and cover to drive other vehicles. Sorted
I can't but help to be very cynical, that this has been written by someone connected or works for Brentacre, to BIG themselves back up after the terrible experience I had with them!

I wont breach his privacy by giving any details but he is most definitely not a company representative

I wont breach his privacy by giving any details but he is most definitely not a company representative
Just me being cynical then! I spoke to two guys at Brentacre, both very rude but I guess they must have one guy there who is super friendly!!

I can't but help to be very cynical, that this has been written by someone connected or works for Brentacre, to BIG themselves back up after the terrible experience I had with them!

All I was doing was giving my personal experience, just as you did with yours. I had no painful 'Q&A' session with them other than the normal questions you expect to get asked and just because they said they'd have to call you back tomorrow, not sure that justifies the 'terrible' experience.

I'm a self employed contractor who works in IT, have nothing to do with insurance and had never even heard of Brentacre until I heard about them on this forum.

All I was doing was giving my personal experience, just as you did with yours. I had no painful 'Q&A' session with them other than the normal questions you expect to get asked and just because they said they'd have to call you back tomorrow, not sure that justifies the 'terrible' experience.

I'm a self employed contractor who works in IT, have nothing to do with insurance and had never even heard of Brentacre until I heard about them on this forum.

That's great to hear, just shows you, its not the company but the individuals who work for the company that make a company shine. The pain didn't come with the standard Q & A you expect with arranging any insurance, it was their attitude answering my questions! Anyway I didn't go with them, you did and just giving others a heads up on my experience.

Back