20inch wheels insurance issue

helphelp

I have 20 inch wheels fitted to my T6 which were on it when I bought it all load rated, this is a modification and needs to be included with insurance cover as I have not declared it .
What additional premium s are people paying for this and what companies are recommended, I am with Flux who are pretty good on price .

Thanks

If it's on when purchased then how are you to know It's a mod? Theres many variations of models so without the original invoice how are to know?Do you tell the police you do 35 in a 30 zone?

If it's on when purchased then how are you to know It's a mod? Theres many variations of models so without the original invoice how are to know?Do you tell the police you do 35 in a 30 zone?
I agree, but in the event of a claim it would be a tricky one to argue.

Looking at some threads on here, some insurance companies only pay out van value and not modded values anyway. My quote was double to make changes but I can see your point. I didn't buy mine new and had no idea what was fitted when it was. I assume it was factory ordered.

Build sheet is easy available to Insurance companies. They can fool you, you can’t fool them when there is premium to pay in case something went wrong…

Every day's a school day. Where can I get hold of said build sheet?

Plenty of threads, search for it here in the Forum. In my opinion, whatever is not there you are free to modify and not tell insurance.

i raised this with my insurers along with the solow suspension just to keep me right. my thought was that because the van is dropped so much, better to be covered than not. only charged me £4 admin fee.

i raised this with my insurers along with the solow suspension just to keep me right. my thought was that because the van is dropped so much, better to be covered than not. only charged me £4 admin fee.
Nice! Who are you with @Niall.b if you don't mind me asking?

If you do not declare you are just making yourself easier to shaft if an incident occurs. Seems pointless to me just to save a couple of quid.

If you do not declare you are just making yourself easier to shaft if an incident occurs. Seems pointless to me just to save a couple of quid.
true. as my vans lowered 4"+, it does stand out. regardless of accident, all it takes is the police to ask for the insurance details so at least i know im covered.

Back