T6 Delays

I've heard brentacre insurance in Swansea mentioned quite a few times also with very good reports, give then a try also :thumbsup:

Just to confirm you get 5 day driveaway insurance free when you collect the van but havent read the smallprint on claims/excess
GAP insurance will also be offered to you when you collect which is worth considering along with extended warranty and servicing packs if you are planning to keep for a few years and you can get a good price

Thanks @Pauly The extended warranty sounds interesting depends what's covered, I only do lowish miles (9k) so not sure how the service package would suit, has anyone been given costs for these, btw I am not taking any finance out

Service package covers your next four services (8 years) consisting of 2 minor and 2 major services
Individual price for these is over a grand, i paid around £700 for mine as plan to keep the van a while but others have got it dirt cheap around £200-300 as time of purchase but without finance they may not be so willing
@Walski has mentioned if you finance a few hundred quid you can possibly get deals then pay of the finance after a month and it costs next to noting in finance charges but potentially saves a packet on other deals if you can get them ??

Spoke to the dealer today and mines being moved around all over the place at the minute (i'm partly to blame with my spec additions) But mine was Wk49 last week and it's now Wk45, so it should be here a few weeks before Christmas fingers crossed, although i'm not convinced its an actual build date, but rather a provisional build date, but we'll see in a month or so :)

Apparently my van is on the boat and on route to the uk!! Have to say the vwcvuk customer help guy, Jonathan, has done a great job of keeping me informed and assisting my needs since i got in touch with them directly . the updates recently have had my vehicle delivery coming forward each time too. Very excited to know i could have my van within a couple of weeks! Its so much easier to plan ahead when being reliably informed on progress. uncertainty in business is frustrating to say the very least.
Bott racking and drawer cabinets ordered and rollcab in fabrication along with the winch mount for behind the back seats. pics coming soon!

Service package covers your next four services (8 years) consisting of 2 minor and 2 major services
Individual price for these is over a grand, i paid around £700 for mine as plan to keep the van a while but others have got it dirt cheap around £200-300 as time of purchase but without finance they may not be so willing
@Walski has mentioned if you finance a few hundred quid you can possibly get deals then pay of the finance after a month and it costs next to noting in finance charges but potentially saves a packet on other deals if you can get them ??

Looks like a ruck of vans coming in :):):)

The service pack is well worth having. I only expect to do 6k miles a year but as @Pauly said, covered for 4 services which is 8 years. I paid £179+VAT but had to take the finance. Minimum finance amount is £3500 which if you take out over 12 months, I'm paying £302 per month which means it's only c£120 even if I pay for the whole year so adds another £120 to cost of service pack. However, If you cancel and repay after a couple of months will cost you maybe £30 plus £10 settlement fee. Winner!!!!! ;);)

Compared to the price of the individual services that an absolute bargain :thumbsup:

Mines on a boat floating across the channel apparently, on its way to grimsby......... well i hope its still floating anyway :D

:(
I requested my van to be fitted out differently as the new style Chipsaway vans are rubbish to work out the back of.
My van is now delayed another 2-3 weeks.

So much cock tease it's unreal.

Well it appears that mine has been at Grimsby all week..... weekend away is now slipping away...

status 20 is a confirmed build status 10 is just provisional still, did your dealer not say @480bhp

I did question them when they said Status 10, I explained how status 10 was an unconfirmed build date, but they were adamant it was right :rolleyes:
So like i said, we'll see! :( But i'm not expecting this purchase to go to plan, the last one from VW didn't and i cancelled the order in the end!

Back