T6 Delays

The idea of JIT and Kanban to reduce inventary cost is so old now that it beggars belief that VW (et al) take 24 hours to assemble a van and then 4+ weeks to deliver it. The value of all the as yet undelivered vehicles by the average time it takes to deliver them must be enormous ;)
Yep, you'd think they would speed up delivery times, improve their cash flow and then give us all more discount, lower price drives sales, sales drives volumes, reduces margins and so on......

Well,
had the call that my van is supposed to arrive tomorrow morning... Between 8 and 8.30AM..
All being well I might have to go and price up a job an hour and a half away from base. Fingers crossed!

I keep saying this has got to be my #1 0tion. Never mind looking pretty they are a mega safety update.

I am going to see my van for the first time next Wednesday ,going to look over it and mak sure all extras are fitted before handing over the cash .
It feels like the run up to Christmas

I think the transporters are very busy at the moment, dont know when mine will get to the dealer . Hopefully next week, i think he wants it in this months sales figures ;)

So glad I specced these in the end.
View attachment 2404

I'm glad i've spec'd those on mine, but i must be mad to spend £1500+ on lights, think i may have got trigger happy with the options list :eek:
We've got them on the Golf and they're great, without a doubt the best lighting i've had on a car, although the Xenon's on the Audi were good, but if i consider the amount of driving i do with dipped beam on in the Van, then they're probably overkill for the 5 hours a day use over 6 months of the year for mostly motorway journeys, They do look good though :)

We do a bit of country lane on winter evenings and have often done a bit of unlit Autoroute in the small hours and I wouldn't be without them. When you are making progress on an unlit motorway they really come into their own.

And they look good :D

Back