T6 ctek250se and Sargent 160 ec160 drama

Kevwkevw

Tanker driver
T6 Pro
After buying a t6 with only a Sargent ec160 taking care of the leisure battery I realised it was time to upgrade.

so I’ve installed a ctek 250se and got all that hard wired in.

now what do I do with the Sargent as it has a built in split charge. The unit runs all my electrics apart from the fridge and is handy for when on hook up.

is there a way of disabling the charge system?
The manual gives very little information

BB0543A7-EB9C-42AF-9194-A9C0D6964869.jpeg
Is it as simple as not connecting the split output on the pack of the Sargent

any information would be much appreciated cheers kev

I would have thought there would be an ignition switch wire which tells the Sargent to connect the two batteries together so if you disable that it should stop the charge circuit cutting in

The Sargent it wired direct to vehicle battery + and -. There is no ignition live that I’m aware of.

I have just found this information
The PSU includes a split charge relay to enable charging of the leisure battery from the vehicle supply whilst the engine is running. To enable this please ensure an ‘engine running’ (D+) signal is connected to the SPLIT input terminal.
The PSU also includes an EMC isolation relay to turn the outputs off whilst the engine is running. It is a legal requirement to ensure that equipment that is not approved for use whilst a vehicle is in motion is isolated during motion. This ensures such items as an oven igniter cannot interrupt or affect vehicle systems. To enable this please ensure an ‘engine running’ (D+) signal is connected to the EMC input terminal.

Hopefully removing the d+ signal should eliminate the split charge

Last edited:
you just dont wire up "split".... its not required... on hook up your covered for all you need, leisure is charged when driving, leisure unused on hook-up etc..
altho my lights in the back roof are on leisure direct, not through the sargent as this means you have to scramble about in dark to turn power on at sargent to then enable you to then switch the lights on... if leisure ever did get low...which a few leds would take weeks... you'd just start van up for a bit

im even dafter... i have the same setup but also an invertor with a big juicy switch...(hook up or invertor) so i can run 240 off grid when required.

Back