T6 bluemotion underslung water tanks

Paul Holmes

Camper Hire
T6 Guru
Can any one recommend fresh and waste water unslung tanks as I've been told that the tank that goes in the centre of the van cannot be used due to the constraints of the exhaust system

Paul, speak to the lads at Autocraft Motor Caravans Ltd, (Autocraft Motor Caravans Ltd - Caravan Equipment), they supply these tanks and were the folks that told me that there was a problem with fitment to Euro 6 vans, they may now have a modified version available.

The 'older' version is OK for a Euro 5 engined T6, I can say that from experience on my early 2016 T6.

Rod

You could ask Hillside Leisure, their standard T6 camper build has underslung tanks

Exploria certainly use an underslung fresh water tank, mounted more or less by the rear wheels. I can't comment on waste water options as we vent the sink straight out. (Using a bucket if appropriate, for what we could term "dirty water").

I think “grey” water is the official term.
I don’t even know where our water tanks are but they are definitely somewhere and seem to work. 30 litres fresh, the same volume of “grey” water.

I checked with hillside asaneed one for my blue motion conversion and the reply was

Hi Mark,
Unfortunately, we cannot help you with this enquiry.
We have these water tanks manufactured specifically for ourselves having paid for all the tooling costs with the manufacturer and we only buy in the quantity that we need for our conversions - we do not carry excess stock.
Kind regards,
Ron

Would think could recoup tooling costs by selling them if no other solutions out there. Disappointing attitude

I bought an autocraft one modified it to fit then we made our own from the pattern

Last edited:
To be honest the ac ones are not the best quality these are made from only 2 pieces folded then welded together

Paul, I'm intrigued as the Autocraft supplied tanks that I have used are long narrow ones mounted down the centre of the chassis and supported by 50mm ( I think ) straps to existing threaded holes in the chassis. Yours doesn't look as if it fits in the same place?

The ones that I have had from Autocraft were made by Amber Plastics and are the same as the ones that Autosleepers fit under their T5s & T6s.

Rod

Back