T6 aftermarket LED headlamps T6.1 style

I pulled the trigger on the Gbrites as I'm not wholly convinced of the THQ aesthetic despite being the 'default' upgrade for many. Teamed these T6.1 style headlights up with Travelinlite T6.1 style rear lights and THQ ultra bright side repeaters. This package massively improves the all round lighting performance on many levels. So far mostly pleased

Headlights - I'm 90% satisfied, they all work great, outer lamps are used for dip and main, inner lamps for main only. DRL's are bright, as are the dipped and mains, I would say as good as my previous OEM LEDS and Bi Xenons on recently owned VW, Skoda and BMW's. Indicator sweep equally bright and comparable to the THQ ultra bright repeaters I also fitted, the rear indicators are not bright enough on the Travelinlite units in my opinion.

After fitting I washed the van and there was some water droplets inside the lower front screen. I've sent a message back to seller on this and we are in discussion and this is the part I'm not wholly satisfied about. They initially challenged me on jet washing even though I did not mention this form of washing. They have also used a condensation excuse claiming any moisture will be dry in 1-2 weeks. I also find this excuse unnerving as is the droplets issues, how is washing the headlights any different to driving at 70mph+ in driving rain? More droplets appeared after raining overnight.

The price will be the biggest hurdle for many, and something I'm ignoring. The DE website selling these are charging €1000. Long term reliability ..... who knows?

Since taking these photos I have needed to do more DIY height and direction alignment and just needs checking with garage I'm there or thereabouts. There is no auto height adjustment when rear end squats but the manual dash height adjustment does work if/when loaded up. There is no headlight wash. If there's an MOT issue in the future I'll keep either the H4 or H7 headlights I have for that hurdle.

View attachment 217968View attachment 217969View attachment 217970
How have you found adjusting the beam left and right? The adjuster screw is at the point of not being able to get to it.

How have you found adjusting the beam left and right? The adjuster screw is at the point of not being able to get to it.
I haven’t adjusted the outer dip/main left or right. So far I didn’t feel I needed to. But may need to once on the mot headlight aligning tool. I did align the inner main.

Anyone seen Transporter HQ's new panel filter video......spotted new lights on the red T6

1698429796507.png

FYI I paid £649 which was amended to £699 on the listing after I paid. I see on two other listings they have now hiked the price to £849.

I asked THQ last year if they were planning on doing T6.1 style LED's for T6's and they said yes. I emailed them again a couple of weeks ago and they are 'still in test', so hopefully they'll be available soon @Solow Suspension ? :)
When I asked them last year they said they weren’t, so no telling.

I pulled the trigger on the Gbrites as I'm not wholly convinced of the THQ aesthetic despite being the 'default' upgrade for many. Teamed these T6.1 style headlights up with Travelinlite T6.1 style rear lights and THQ ultra bright side repeaters. This package massively improves the all round lighting performance on many levels. So far mostly pleased

Headlights - I'm 90% satisfied, they all work great, outer lamps are used for dip and main, inner lamps for main only. DRL's are bright, as are the dipped and mains, I would say as good as my previous OEM LEDS and Bi Xenons on recently owned VW, Skoda and BMW's. Indicator sweep equally bright and comparable to the THQ ultra bright repeaters I also fitted, the rear indicators are not bright enough on the Travelinlite units in my opinion.

After fitting I washed the van and there was some water droplets inside the lower front screen. I've sent a message back to seller on this and we are in discussion and this is the part I'm not wholly satisfied about. They initially challenged me on jet washing even though I did not mention this form of washing. They have also used a condensation excuse claiming any moisture will be dry in 1-2 weeks. I also find this excuse unnerving as is the droplets issues, how is washing the headlights any different to driving at 70mph+ in driving rain? More droplets appeared after raining overnight.

The price will be the biggest hurdle for many, and something I'm ignoring. The DE website selling these are charging €1000. Long term reliability ..... who knows?

Since taking these photos I have needed to do more DIY height and direction alignment and just needs checking with garage I'm there or thereabouts. There is no auto height adjustment when rear end squats but the manual dash height adjustment does work if/when loaded up. There is no headlight wash. If there's an MOT issue in the future I'll keep either the H4 or H7 headlights I have for that hurdle.

View attachment 217968View attachment 217969View attachment 217970
Do you have some photos of the beam pattern in the dark? I'm interested in a set of these, they look good! Thanks :thumbsup:

Do you have some photos of the beam pattern in the dark? I'm interested in a set of these, they look good! Thanks :thumbsup:
I don't. Will try in the coming days. They have a hard cut off like any OEM LEDs, I've owned a few cars with, and a little kick up on the LHS of the beam cut off to extend light up the verge/pavement.

I don't. Will try in the coming days. They have a hard cut off like any OEM LEDs, I've owned a few cars with, and a little kick up on the LHS of the beam cut off to extend light up the verge/pavement.
Ah OK so it has the same flick up to the left? Thats good to know! Is the main beam awesome? :cool:

Ah OK so it has the same flick up to the left? Thats good to know! Is the main beam awesome? :cool:

The dipped and main beams are awesome and at least as good as the OEM Passat and Superb premium LEDs I previously had. In fact it was a discussion on Saturday evening with my wife and son in the van saying how amazing my lights were versus their cars.

I’ve had these in a few months now. Light output is cracking. The only thing that I would say is proper shit, is that you can’t adjust the dip beam side movement without removing the lights.

Back