T6 aftermarket LED headlamps T6.1 style

Does anyone know if companies like transporterHQ are thinking of designing T6.1 led head lights to fit the T6 they just look miles better than the best V3 headlights on offer.

We're a THQ/SoLow approved dealer and installer seen the full LED prototype but nothing confirmed yet. I have spoke with Andy and he was happy for me to pass on the information

That's excellent, If they want to use me as demo vehicle as one of the first models I would happy to try them out.

We're a THQ/SoLow approved dealer and installer seen the full LED prototype but nothing confirmed yet. I have spoke with Andy and he was happy for me to pass on the information
Halogen projectors with LED bulbs, or proper LED units?

Should hopefully be fitting mine on Friday all being well.

I’m also interested in these and very on the fence. Just had this response from WeSellHIDs.

Certainly seem be talking the right talk, and I think they look awesome! But I don’t really want to be the first one to give it a go .

IMG_7444.jpeg

I pulled the trigger on the Gbrites as I'm not wholly convinced of the THQ aesthetic despite being the 'default' upgrade for many. Teamed these T6.1 style headlights up with Travelinlite T6.1 style rear lights and THQ ultra bright side repeaters. This package massively improves the all round lighting performance on many levels. So far mostly pleased

Headlights - I'm 90% satisfied, they all work great, outer lamps are used for dip and main, inner lamps for main only. DRL's are bright, as are the dipped and mains, I would say as good as my previous OEM LEDS and Bi Xenons on recently owned VW, Skoda and BMW's. Indicator sweep equally bright and comparable to the THQ ultra bright repeaters I also fitted, the rear indicators are not bright enough on the Travelinlite units in my opinion.

After fitting I washed the van and there was some water droplets inside the lower front screen. I've sent a message back to seller on this and we are in discussion and this is the part I'm not wholly satisfied about. They initially challenged me on jet washing even though I did not mention this form of washing. They have also used a condensation excuse claiming any moisture will be dry in 1-2 weeks. I also find this excuse unnerving as is the droplets issues, how is washing the headlights any different to driving at 70mph+ in driving rain? More droplets appeared after raining overnight.

The price will be the biggest hurdle for many, and something I'm ignoring. The DE website selling these are charging €1000. Long term reliability ..... who knows?

Since taking these photos I have needed to do more DIY height and direction alignment and just needs checking with garage I'm there or thereabouts. There is no auto height adjustment when rear end squats but the manual dash height adjustment does work if/when loaded up. There is no headlight wash. If there's an MOT issue in the future I'll keep either the H4 or H7 headlights I have for that hurdle.

IMG_4896.jpegIMG_4894.jpegIMG_4889.jpeg

Fantastic write up Thankyou! Please let us know if you get anywhere with the water droplets issue.

I had condensation concerns with my OEM headlight when I first got the van, and was advised by VW that they can get condensation if stood for any length of time and that the headlights are not sealed units, this allows for “moisture build up to clear naturally” and it did, never had any since. Actual Water droplets sounds a bit more concerning though.

Fantastic write up Thankyou! Please let us know if you get anywhere with the water droplets issue.

I had condensation concerns with my OEM headlight when I first got the van, and was advised by VW that they can get condensation if stood for any length of time and that the headlights are not sealed units, this allows for “moisture build up to clear naturally” and it did, never had any since. Actual Water droplets sounds a bit more concerning though.

After overnight rain. It is only the very bottom edge and does dry out. Great if only super clean water. Concern is dirty road water getting in and staining.

IMG_4901.jpegIMG_4900.jpeg

I’m also interested in these and very on the fence. Just had this response from WeSellHIDs.

Certainly seem be talking the right talk, and I think they look awesome! But I don’t really want to be the first one to give it a go .

View attachment 217922
Do it. Then let me know how it goes. :) I think it will be fine. The THQ ones are good but you can see the individual LEDs though.
I pulled the trigger on the Gbrites as I'm not wholly convinced of the THQ aesthetic despite being the 'default' upgrade for many. Teamed these T6.1 style headlights up with Travelinlite T6.1 style rear lights and THQ ultra bright side repeaters. This package massively improves the all round lighting performance on many levels. So far mostly pleased

Headlights - I'm 90% satisfied, they all work great, outer lamps are used for dip and main, inner lamps for main only. DRL's are bright, as are the dipped and mains, I would say as good as my previous OEM LEDS and Bi Xenons on recently owned VW, Skoda and BMW's. Indicator sweep equally bright and comparable to the THQ ultra bright repeaters I also fitted, the rear indicators are not bright enough on the Travelinlite units in my opinion.

After fitting I washed the van and there was some water droplets inside the lower front screen. I've sent a message back to seller on this and we are in discussion and this is the part I'm not wholly satisfied about. They initially challenged me on jet washing even though I did not mention this form of washing. They have also used a condensation excuse claiming any moisture will be dry in 1-2 weeks. I also find this excuse unnerving as is the droplets issues, how is washing the headlights any different to driving at 70mph+ in driving rain? More droplets appeared after raining overnight.

The price will be the biggest hurdle for many, and something I'm ignoring. The DE website selling these are charging €1000. Long term reliability ..... who knows?

Since taking these photos I have needed to do more DIY height and direction alignment and just needs checking with garage I'm there or thereabouts. There is no auto height adjustment when rear end squats but the manual dash height adjustment does work if/when loaded up. There is no headlight wash. If there's an MOT issue in the future I'll keep either the H4 or H7 headlights I have for that hurdle.

View attachment 217968View attachment 217969View attachment 217970
They look great!

Back