T6 140 Euro 5 Or 150 Euro 6 Engine

Browner

Hi all
Probably a silly question but on a t6 dsg what is the best engine out of the 140 and 150 the newest one. as there is a big difference with the price I want reliability from coming from a Renault trafic.any help would be great.

I've got the euro5 140 with DSG and it was fine, i think really the main difference is if you want the ad-blu of the euro6

I've remapped mine to around 170 -80 bhp and its perfect in my opinion

140 euro5 is prob more reliable as its the T5.1 engine carried over so well developed
150 euro6 seems a lot more problematic since the intro of adblue (albeit small niggly probs)

Having driven both the 150 certainly feels faster and a bit more urgent on the throttle but im more than happy with my 140 and would do the same again (unless i needed to go to ULEZ places ! )

If it's important or not eu6 means charge in the low emmsions zone in London... I'm happy with my 150

Last edited:
Hmmm well it would be very rare for me to go into London the place is a nightmare to get around its more the relatability of the two different engines really I can save about 5k by getting the euro5 it's bad enough paying the vat for private vans.

Back