T6.1 with Tow Bar Prep - Coding appears absent [Resolved]

Must be a change for 6.1s, normally tow bar prep means it already has the towbar module fitted under seat and it’s all pre coded at factory

Must be a change for 6.1s, normally tow bar prep means it already has the towbar module fitted under seat and it’s all pre coded at factory
Exactly, with the connector box hidden in the rear passenger panel up by the light cluster

OK guys these are the terminals I have for connecting the towbar electrics, I have double checked and everything is correct as per wiring diagram, there is also a micro switch in the connection for the 13 pin socket, I assume this is to turn off the rear sensors however pressing it has no effect, sensors are still going off, ideas anyone

IMG_20211030_120603.jpg

Update: All sorted everything works now, turns out it was the light board for my trailer, must have had a dodgy connection bought a new one and plugged it in and all working, thanks for the help

Paul

Glad you got it sorted

For reference, the micro switch on the socket is to turn fog light off on van if trailer connected.

Excellent result! Well done for persevering at this one - it was bit of a head scratcher!!!

Back