T6.1 with leaking sliding-windows

Snoopster

So I picked up my new 6.1 Kombi this week from Breeze VW. The list of problems I have discovered since collection is endless, mostly down to an incompetent technician and very poor salesman.

The most recent discovery is that both side windows are leaking, the windows have never been opened!!

I have read the other posts on here and I have made sure the drains are not blocked.

The mechanism looks different to the one described in a recent post, has anyone else had the same issue with the T6.1, if so could you advise?

Many thanks

Ah so they haven't fixed that fault yet.

Don't expect miracles from your dealer the sliding windows in T5s & T6s have leaked since 2003 and VW have never fixed them!

So I picked up my new 6.1 Kombi this week from Breeze VW. The list of problems I have discovered since collection is endless, mostly down to an incompetent technician and very poor salesman.

The most recent discovery is that both side windows are leaking, the windows have never been opened!!

I have read the other posts on here and I have made sure the drains are not blocked.

The mechanism looks different to the one described in a recent post, has anyone else had the same issue with the T6.1, if so could you advise?

Many thanks
I have the same problem, brand new T6.1.
I’d already posted about it before I saw your post and am awaiting responses, but I’m not enthusiastic about getting anything positive back ☹️

First thing to do is to test whether water can escape down the two drainage slots (one near the front and one in the middle). Squirt water into the narrow drainage slots at the inside edge of the window and it should exit down the side of the van. Those could easily be blocked by a ham fisted window installer.

This is not good considering they are a completely different design. We’ve not seen any leak, but to be fair not had much rain. Lots have been very hard to open Initially though!

Good luck with sorting it - Steve at Breeze Waterlooville is very helpful if you want a name there to sort.

I use a pointed syringe with water to force into the two very small rectangular slots 1mm x 8mm (front and rear of sliding window opening). This flushes out the slots and water is forced out onto outside of van. Also do the circular hole near front which is also connected. Seems to last a while until the dust gets in again or after long dry spells.

Oh Bugger!
Just been emailed by a customer, with one of my long term hires, with leaking side windows :thumbsdown:

I’ve tried everything!! Even taken the windows out and treated the seals with the VW Eos service kit!!! Still leaks!! Think I’m going to have to accept defeat and get it booked in!!!‍ Such a terrible design!!!

I’ve tried everything!! Even taken the windows out and treated the seals with the VW Eos service kit!!! Still leaks!! Think I’m going to have to accept defeat and get it booked in!!!‍ Such a terrible design!!!
Have you tried mastic sealing beneath the trim? Since doing that, alongside cleaning and treating the rubber seals, mine are dry - recent storms and blasting with a hose included.

This is not good considering they are a completely different design. We’ve not seen any leak, but to be fair not had much rain. Lots have been very hard to open Initially though!

Good luck with sorting it - Steve at Breeze Waterlooville is very helpful if you want a name there to sort.

different design like you said,

my van is a week old, first rain fall both sides and -

88610044-DD14-4C41-8185-BF81E6034BF1.jpeg
3DBE974C-9476-42C8-A5E2-062F029B5836.jpeg

I stripped the rubber load mat out of mine and couldn't believe how much water was in there.........

It’s unbelievable that VW haven’t sorted this out after all these years and are still selling new vans with windows that leak.

I have just noticed the same on my 2016 dual slider Kombi.. so leaks both sides :(
At least it wont list to port or starboard as it goes down..

Its new to me so still under the garage warranty, and although not a VW garage, they seem good and have at least one ex VW tech, so here is hoping.
Does anyone know, if its not the blocked channels , what it is?

My LHS footwell/step gets quite a puddle. The door card is carpeted so that gets wet too and will no doubt lead to wet boards under the carpeting and prob smells later.

Having same issues re leaking window / sliding door - do you guys recommend taking to a VW dealer?

Back