Thanks @oldiebut goodie . Thats a good idea but I have chickened out and bought the Eber. I will fit the 5kw Chinese heater in the beer shed.....when I run out of parts and money for my conversion. :whistle:

T6.1, only six months old, and some of this metal insulation (?) stuff is hanging off.

Anyone one in-the-know able to explain what this is and if I should get it repaired?

PXL_20201003_090053155.jpg

T6.1, only six months old, and some of this metal insulation (?) stuff is hanging off.

Anyone one in-the-know able to explain what this is and if I should get it repaired?

View attachment 87105
As far as I know that is part of the heat shield for your exhaust system.... that should be attached to the underside of the van above your exhaust?

It’s a heat reflective panel which is normally attached to the large plastic undertray. It isn’t attached very well out of the factory, so large amounts of water etc can dislodge it.

if you can get underneath, you can push it back into place against the plastic panel, but it will do it again. You can re-attach it with some cable ties like I did.

To fix it fully you need to buy the full plastic undertray part (there are several), which I did.

I haven’t got around to throwing away the old panel from mine, so here’s a picture that may help.

Pete

0D01FB04-887B-4D47-BFF0-04F4B32DE90D.jpeg

as above . . . . heat shield.

driving through puddles causes this . . . or worse.

a warning to everyone - DONT GO SPEEDING THROUGH PUDDLES BECAUSE YOU THINK ITS FUN - IT WILL BREAK YOUR VAN !!!

View attachment 87105
If you look at your picture.... even the part that is still attached isn’t on very well.... the fixings are coming away?

as above . . . . heat shield.

driving through puddles causes this . . . or worse.

a warning to everyone - DONT GO SPEEDING THROUGH PUDDLES BECAUSE YOU THINK ITS FUN - IT WILL BREAK YOUR VAN !!!

I've not driven at speed through puddles, but the M4 was incredibly wet today, so maybe 65mph and all that rain has done it. I'd say that's a bit of a design fault...

Just to add to this. Here is a close up picture of the plastic “welds” that hold the metal part on. They are rubbish !

Pete

85500371-84A9-47A5-A36B-C06C3E0550D4.jpeg

Back