T6.1 TransporterHQ LED tail-lamps

These?

Yeah that's the ones.......think i'll hang on if they have issues with reverse cam

Thats aftermarket reverse cam, if you have no cam or factory fitted it will be fine

Thats aftermarket reverse cam, if you have no cam or factory fitted it will be fine
Hi Pauly, my aftermarket reverse camera has worked perfectly fine for over 3 years with the OEM rear lights & its only since installing my new THQ lights that I have an issue. Currently I have a feed spliced into the green/black wire @ the rear light, is there somewhere else I could pick up that feed to try overcome this issue ? I have attached a sketch of how it is wired, many thanks.

20210927_081306.jpg

I was replying to @Pewt as it gives the impression the lights are the issue/not compatible with reverse cameras which isn’t the case, if he has a factory fitted camera then the lights will work fine

I was replying to @Pewt as it gives the impression the lights are the issue/not compatible with reverse cameras which isn’t the case, if he has a factory fitted camera then the lights will work fine
Apologies, the lights works totally fine if you dont have an aftermarket reverse camera. But many people do have aftermarket so if I can find a solution then that would be great.

Yeah that's the ones.......think i'll hang on if they have issues with reverse cam
If you don't have an aftermarket camera then you'll be totally fine. Unfortunately I do have aftermarket and after spending £300 on these new lights ( which I love by the way ) i am just trying to find a solution.

Aftermarket camera for me so looks like i'm out..........................be interested if you sort this out @andy greenwood as they do look nice

Cheers @Pauly

Aftermarket camera for me so looks like i'm out..........................be interested if you sort this out @andy greenwood as they do look nice

Cheers @Pauly
I'm going to speak to an auto electrician to see if he can sort it, I really hope he can as the lights are amazing, I'm really happy with them. you could buy the lights and see if they work with your camera ? you may be lucky and have no issues.

Cheers @Pauly
Hi Mate, update on the lights. Auto Electrician sorted it very easily. He fit a resistor on the switched live from my reverse light. No messing about with VCDS or anything like that. £40 job done, happy days !

vw lights.jpgvw lights 2.jpg
Sorry for the delay. I needed technical advice on downloading pictures.
I got them from Transporter HQ. The reversing light is a bit better than the original and the indicators are sequential.
Been through two MOTs with no issues

Those are not the T6.1 light i was talking about....it was these . Thanks for the pictures anyway

T6.1-Style-Red--595x595.jpg

Back