T6.1 rear wiper deactivation with VCDS?

Petro

Pure grey T6.1 Transporter 4Motion 150hp
T6 Guru
Im deleting the rear window scraper, and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me where to look on VCDS to find an option to deactivate the rear wiper, or more precisely the washer function on the stalk for the rear window. I was hoping to leave the hose in the tailgate not having to worry about accidentally pushing the stalk only to get washer fluid inside the tailgate.

No, its a two wire connection that reverses polarity for rear direction

Im sure theres a tickbox in vcds in module 9 for rear wash/wipe installed on a T6 so i assume 6.1 the same

I'm afraid the T6.1 doesn't have any tickboxes any more (no old-fashioned coding), instead adaptations are used.

Could you please share adaptations and blockmaps of the BCM. It would help community to help you - by comparing yours with a one not having a rear wiper.

How to:
VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->
1610783152282.png

Tick/fill boxes as above and hit Go.

VCDS flashes screens for a moment (when finished hit "Done, Go Back") and there will be files adpmap... and blockmap... in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....

Then just upload/attach the files here. Actually, for future reference also the full Autoscan would be useful.

Fitting a diode seems the seems like a good option or run a short hose from the pump back into the bottle.

I'm afraid the T6.1 doesn't have any tickboxes any more (no old-fashioned coding), instead adaptations are used.

Could you please share adaptations and blockmaps of the BCM. It would help community to help you - by comparing yours with a one not having a rear wiper.

How to:
VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->
View attachment 98826

Tick/fill boxes as above and hit Go.

VCDS flashes screens for a moment (when finished hit "Done, Go Back") and there will be files adpmap... and blockmap... in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....

Then just upload/attach the files here. Actually, for future reference also the full Autoscan would be useful.
I will do this tomorrow when I get back to the vehicle.

Done these now. Anything else you might want?

Attachments

• adpmap-09-2Q0-937-090-C_WV1ZZZ7HZMH031573-20210117-1435.CSV
    115.7 KB · Views: 32
  • blockmap-09-2Q0-937-090-C_WV1ZZZ7HZMH031573-20210117-1434.CSV
    63.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Log-JLZ-458-WV1ZZZ7HZMH031573-368km-228mi.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 18
Just to add to this, I can't code the BCM. Tried to enter 09 Coding and on BCM it stated "this item does not support coding". Am I missing something here or have my worst fears become reality now and has the SFD cancer affected this vehicle? VCDS v20.12

Just to add to this, I can't code the BCM. Tried to enter 09 Coding and on BCM it stated "this item does not support coding". Am I missing something here or have my worst fears become reality now and has the SFD cancer affected this vehicle? VCDS v20.12
True - T6.1 is electrically very different than T6. T6 had about 200 codings to mess with. T6.1 has more than 1500 parameters to have fun with. No coding - have a look into adaptations ;)

So perhaps might be a good idea to make a back up.
How-to:
Do the same as above - except tick the boxes like this:
1610900359215.png
Put a copy of the .HEX file into a safe place - it can be used to restore the 1500+ parameters back to day 1. A lot easier than to type them in all separately :rolleyes:

Im deleting the rear window scraper, and I'm wondering if anyone could tell me where to look on VCDS to find an option to deactivate the rear wiper, or more precisely the washer function on the stalk for the rear window. I was hoping to leave the hose in the tailgate not having to worry about accidentally pushing the stalk only to get washer fluid inside the tailgate.
Done these now. Anything else you might want?
Thanks for the files. Unfortunately Forum hasn't been able to gather (m)any verified tweaks on T6.1

Just compared your adaptation map with another one, which probably doesn't have rear window wiper (however not 100% about that - scanned it more than a year ago - was a very primitive one so most likely had no wiper).

Anyways, you have the privilege to be the first one to try :cool:

Adaptation channel on yours
1610901134702.png
the reference van has value 0 ms in the box. So it won't hurt to try to see if the desired happens = disables the washer.
Good luck :grin bounce:

Found it, requires a security access code tho. Any idea what the value would be?

Found it, requires a security access code tho. Any idea what the value would be?
Can go back out of Adaptations and enter Security Access?
Than hover your mouse pointer over empty field labeled (Enter Security Access Key) and see if your VCDS suggest actual code in a balloon.

Reactions: mmi
Doesnt suggest anything when im on the security access key screen. Did try this before, tried searching google for a brief time and was suspecting if this was so new BCM no-one had posted it yet, or just I couldn’t find it.

Sorry, im learning as we go. Found couple of adaptations i’d like to try that i understand the values. Comfort blinking value from 3 to 5 etc. Looks like im locked out of these adaptations until security access key is entered.

There was a mention on some forum with the newer model cars that some actions needed the hood to be open for security reasons, have you found this to be true with T6 and T6.1? There was a mention of it when i was browsing the vcds.

48E05289-5D17-43C4-841A-CA5B2DBA347A.jpeg

Last edited:
The time it took you to find this makes me look like a novice, which i fortunately am. Thank you. 31347 is the correct and was able to do an adaptation. However the adaptation for the rear washer was not the correct one. I found it to be the timer for how long the rear washer runs after just a short press, changing its value to 0ms allows for just as short spray as you push the stalk.

Back