T6.1 rear wiper deactivation with VCDS?

Well, opening that in where you might be might come up with different results than here :D. Basically I was more lost after opening that. Figured out after a couple of good headbutts to the wall its circuitry for diode. And quick YouTube adventure later figured out its purpose and uses. Could this be just installed on one of the incoming wires and turn it until works the right way around? Could that pop up some fault codes? Sizing? 12V / ?A.

Might also consider rerouting the washer line to the tow hook to spray on tailgaters :slow rofl:

You could connect a diode(example below) in series on your washer pump power supply line.
But as your BCM output is going to be activated( for the rear window) and diode won't allow (expected current to flow)
the BCM will register a fault in its memory.
To avoid that fault additional components are required.
Second diode in series with power resistor
connected in parallel to the power supply line before the first diode.
Also before any modifications, washer pump reverse current needs to be measured.
This current value will be required to calculate the resistance (Ω) of power resistor.

Judging by the size of the washer pump(as per below)
I would expect it to consume maximum of couple of amps(2A - 5A?) in either direction.

Finally diode will have tiny voltage drop(1V) when front washers are used
and therefore washer pump will operate at only 90% of its original speed.
But I don't think that anybody could notice the difference.

You could connect a diode(example below) in series on your washer pump power supply line.
But as your BCM output is going to be activated( for the rear window) and diode won't allow (expected current to flow)
the BCM will register a fault in its memory.
To avoid that fault additional components are required.
Second diode in series with power resistor
connected in parallel to the power supply line before the first diode.
Also before any modifications, washer pump reverse current needs to be measured.
This current value will be required to calculate the resistance (Ω) of power resistor.

Judging by the size of the washer pump(as per below)
I would expect it to consume maximum of couple of amps(2A - 5A?) in either direction.

Finally diode will have tiny voltage drop(1V) when front washers are used
and therefore washer pump will operate at only 90% of its original speed.
But I don't think that anybody could notice the difference.
The amount of knowledge and help is hugely appreciated! I might actually try this. :)

Or better still, clean the rear view camera?
I have a faint recollection some manufacturer had a system like this? Im not sure do I need this, my vans done about 500 miles in the winter since I took delivery of it, haven't washed it yet, its going to a detailer next week for first wash and paint correction + ceramic coating. You can't tell which color the van is from half way down the sides, it's that filthy. The OEM reversing camera hasn't been cleaned once, and it's still in a condition where you can see the surrounding area well enough to reverse. I won't usually have the van looking like this, I just don't want to touch the paint in any way before a protective coating on it. I have foam cannon and somewhat powerful kärcher professional pressure washer to keep my cars clean once a week, at least once a fortnight.

Done these now. Anything else you might want?
Got curious about the Auto-Scan:
  • Do you have Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS, ABS based) on your van?
  • You do have normal Cruise Control with buttons on steering wheel? With speed limiter functionality?

Got curious about the Auto-Scan:
  • Do you have Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS, ABS based) on your van?
  • You do have normal Cruise Control with buttons on steering wheel? With speed limiter functionality?

Yes on both.

Reactions: mmi
Yes on both.
Thanks -

Well, yet another cheeky request - could you post adpmap and blockmap files of the ABS please.
The same procedure as in post #4 but for controller 03.

I'm collecting data for possible retrofit/coding TPMS on T6.1 - thus your maps would be helpful.

Back