T6.1 rear diff & hill-descent assist?

chris ratay

World Traveler: 2023 T6.1 Ocean 204 w diff lock
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Looking at pulling the trigger on a newer T6.1 with 4-motion AND rear Diff lock.

Any idea why some models have the rear diff lock, but not always the downhill assist (photos)?

Also, the 199 vs 204hp engines... the 204 seems more fuel efficient, but I found some good deals on the 199. Any thoughts?

Diff lock.png

Diff lock but no downhill.png

The downhill assist is a paid for option in some markets.
That's a simple explanation that actually makes sense, thanks.

Any comments on the 199 vs 204 - Anything to be aware of? Planning to take it to South America for a few years.

The 199 replaced the 204 for a while to improve the wltp mpg, then after some development the 204 came back.
they are essentially the same configuration.
The latest models have a much bigger adblue tank and don’t need refilling so often, which might be an plus for you?

The 199 replaced the 204 for a while to improve the wltp mpg, then after some development the 204 came back.
they are essentially the same configuration.
The latest models have a much bigger adblue tank and don’t need refilling so often, which might be an plus for you?
Thanks

Do you happen to know the tank size difference? My current Ducato has 10l tank and gets me about 10,000km.
FUN FACT: They sell AdBlue in S.America under the name "urea". Wouldn't it be great if we could just fill our tanks naturally?

In terms of engine reliability, I'm assuming they are equal?

The T6 has a 13L AdBlue tank and the T6.1 a 22L tank

From the brochure in the downloads section;
1663669483891.png

FUN FACT: They sell AdBlue in S.America under the name "urea". Wouldn't it be great if we could just fill our tanks naturally?
You could do it, provided you boil it down to get to the correct concentration of urea. This was the way it was first isolated in the 18th century. Or maybe wait till you are really dehydrated, but I don’t recommend that…

In the 19th century a synthetic route to urea was discovered, which was a conceptual leap in chemistry- making an organic molecule from inorganic starting materials.

Back