T6.1 plastic gear-knob upgrade

Hi all, favour to ask. Can someone please just measure the width/diameter of their steering wheel of their highline model T6.1. Trying to source a Disklok for my upcoming van, so I need dimensions to match for one. Some members suggest small and some medium. Many thanks in advance. Can't wait for our conversion to arrive in couple of weeks or so, yeyyyyy.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. The steering wheel is 380mm diameter, and 45mm thick. There is a 5mm ‘hump’ where the airbag sticks proud of the wheel. And 40mm clearance to the stalks, at the back. Hope that helps???

Hi all, favour to ask. Can someone please just measure the width/diameter of their steering wheel of their highline model T6.1. Trying to source a Disklok for my upcoming van, so I need dimensions to match for one. Some members suggest small and some medium. Many thanks in advance. Can't wait for our conversion to arrive in couple of weeks or so, yeyyyyy.
Have you considered the stop lock pro steering lock? I’ve put one on my t6.1. Visible and locks against the A post.

C8A41D2B-5994-44AF-835B-2F6B55510C55.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
I've just bought a stoplok for my T6.1, it's the small size you need. I ordered my as a bundle set, with this I got the stoplok, the carry case & the steering wheel protective cover.

Hope this helps.
Mike

Interesting I’ve bought a few 20 plate t6.1’s all Highline same spec. Three have the plastic knob and one has a leather one!

My £50k all options ticked DSG kombi has a plastic gear knob ffs

Does anyone know if I was to swap the shifter for a Tiguan illuminated dsg shifter, would it need coding or is it plug n play?

Hi, did anyone ever get further with this? The plastic gear knob is rubbish.

Yeah, I know what you mean, especially when you can get one for a t5 for about 15 pounds all in

The dsg gear knob in the sportline ain't much better.
Horrible gloss black plastic and it rattles.
Only addition over a highline seems to be a leather strip..
Gaiter should be red stiched like the seats and the steering wheel should be red stiched.. I also think the satin chrome finish should be on as standard as that matches the steering wheel.
VW have let us down....
Finishing touches makes a good product/job great.

transporter-sportline-087~2.jpg

Hi.
Quick question, definitely need to sort the gear knob out on the new van. Does anybody know if a black gloss with chrome surround cap T5/T6 will straight swap for what I have?
Many thanks
View attachment 84712
Hi, how did you take this one off? No cap,
Just brought a new knob but obviously want to take the old one off without cutting it up.

Back