T6.1 overhead cubby-hole ideas

FREDO

Australian Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone got a photo of a T6.1 cubby hole so I can show @Jono to see if it's the same as the T6..
My Van is still on order and not many of them in Oz yet.
P.S its the Van.

I think @Wayne7450 was talking to a chap on here about having a tray 3D printed for this space.

Does anyone know if there is anything suitable that would fit in the T6.1 blank space? Seems such a waste of space.

View attachment 99173
I’m also interested in this! I just got my van and the cabin storage isn’t great, and that overhead thing seems empty.

Has anyone opened this? I’m just worried I might break it if I try haha, I’ve never really tried opening panels

Be careful because they’re very flimsy. We cracked ours when taking it down to soundproof the cab area

Reactions: dj_
I've had mine in bits, there's very little space behind to fit a drawer or anything else really, IMO not worth it.

However it was a useful space for me to fit this, it reads out the solar/B2B data, and tells me if the van is level;

1626962089740.png
1626962162568.png
Howe

Nice that seems like a great gadget, what is it and how easy was it to install? sorry new to this so don't want to wreck the van if its too difficult. Thanks

A lot of people take the overhead cubbyhole thingy down without any problems. I must’ve just pulled it a bit too hard so as long as you’re careful it shouldn’t be a problem.

I've had mine in bits, there's very little space behind to fit a drawer or anything else really, IMO not worth it.

However it was a useful space for me to fit this, it reads out the solar/B2B data, and tells me if the van is level;

View attachment 124494
View attachment 124495
Howe
That’s brilliant!! I just want a little shelf to be honest, to put my sunnies in or small item(s). I’m happy to just put a small rubber mat to keep things in place.

I’ve got the T6.1 so it’s like below. How does one remove that front rectangular panel?

Nice that seems like a great gadget, what is it and how easy was it to install? sorry new to this so don't want to wreck the van if its too difficult. Thanks
It's home made, based on an arduino (tiny programmable microcontroller). You can see this thread here if you are interested;

It could be made to read data from Victron hardware, or control lights, show water levels etc.

I’ve got the T6.1 so it’s like below. How does one remove that front rectangular panel?
It looks like this;

1627028953420.png

I removed mine for the first time just by pushing it in, although I probably can't recommend that method, just in case the clips snap.

Reactions: dj_
It looks like this;

View attachment 124665

I removed mine for the first time just by pushing it in, although I probably can't recommend that method, just in case the clips snap.
Thank you for that! What does it look like inside? Are wires etc exposed? I don't really know how to fabricate stuff, is it just a neat cavity where I can store stuff in if I cut out a little rubber mat?

Thank you for that! What does it look like inside? Are wires etc exposed? I don't really know how to fabricate stuff, is it just a neat cavity where I can store stuff in if I cut out a little rubber mat?
There's wires, not just lights, but security alarms and other important stuff, so if they get pulled they may cause dashboard error etc?

In short, no it's not a neat cavity

I'll have another look at mine with a view to designing a pocket or cubby hole, I have a 3D printer so I could make such a thing if it's possible, and a few folk wanted them.

There's wires, not just lights, but security alarms and other important stuff, so if they get pulled they may cause dashboard error etc?

In short, no it's not a neat cavity

I'll have another look at mine with a view to designing a pocket or cubby hole, I have a 3D printer so I could make such a thing if it's possible, and a few folk wanted them.
Haha those sound important! I'm based in Sydney Australia though, thank you for suggesting that.
I wonder if there are simple 3D printing services here that I could give them one of those schematics - time to do some research (I've seen only high end industrial services)

Back