Panel van headlining, light switch and storage

Longers

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

Currently de RAC’ing a T6. Managed to get the headlining down without breaking it but is pretty grubby and has a few extra holes. Am thinking of re-lining it. Do I just cover what’s already there or would I need to strip the current lining off? Or is a new headlining needed.

Also, managed to break the light switch as I was taking it off. Saw online supplier selling a Passat W8 switch as a plug and play option, anyone done this? Would like to re-line in a darker material so not sure what options are for a darker switch.

Also, the cubby box had extra wires run into it so has a big hole at the back. Can’t see new ones these on the internet anywhere so assuming it’s a trip to the dealers needed for a replacement?

Cheers
Harvey

Carpeting the headlining of our window van helped a lot with noise reduction. I swapped the OEM hardboard for CNC machined ply which is a bit more robust - there are a few vendors around. I got all side panels, roof and barn doors from Customshop Designs

4 way stretch lining carpet, high temp spray glue and longer trim clips were from Harrison Trim Supplies.

Back