Holes in the side of a Caravelle rear bumper?

Gary_M

VIP Member
I’ve bought a genuine replacement bumper for my T6.1 Highline which was advertised as a T6 / T6.1 Caravelle bumper. I assumed they were the same bumpers so was surprised when I saw large circular holes, one in each side. Any idea what they’re for so I can make use of them?
There’s four holes in the main face which are obviously reversing sensors which I have so while I’m here, how do you release a reversing sensor from a bumper? Is it wedged on or fixed with adhesive?

Afterthought - the Caravelle doesn’t have extra sensors does it? Six in total with one on each side?

EDIT - I see they’re for side park/assist. Didn’t notice them in the advert! Now on the lookout for parts to install dummy sensors!

IMG_1060.jpeg

Last edited:
The 2 extra side holes are for extra 'parking sensors' used for park assist (self parking). They are an option on vans like on my Highline but may be std or an option on Caravelles, I can't answer that.

I'm sure a Caravelle owner will be along shortly to answer this.

The side holes are larger & have a special sensor mount which reduces the size, & holds them at the correct angle that you would need to fit to even put a std sensor blank in that bumper

The 2 extra side holes are for extra 'parking sensors' used for park assist (self parking). They are an option on vans like on my Highline but may be std or an option on Caravelles, I can't answer that.

I'm sure a Caravelle owner will be along shortly to answer this.

The side holes are larger & have a special sensor mount which reduces the size, & holds them at the correct angle that you would need to fit to even put a std sensor blank in that bumper
Thank you. Now wondering if it’s worth sourcing the adaptors and ‘unused’ sensors or package the bumper back up and return it!

FYI 'most' adverts for S/h front or rear bumpers usually state 4 or 6 holes & when I got one the 6 hole ones were cheaper as less in demand, as most vans only have the 4 (F&R)

Back