T6.1 OEM Reverse Cam Issue [Resolved]

MORGS777

VIP Member
Stuck on coding, using latest genuine VCDS, and cant seem to find tick boxes mentioned in previous posts, think my wiring correct, did see post about someone putting the Pink to switched live but it reads perm live ? I have just temp jammed in the main live on radio to get working, any help appreciated !
The 1st scan is before done any work, cleared codes and still getting 08 and 75, 75 will clear but come back after going through VCDS menus hunting for tick boxes !

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

more info:

Read it to death and other posts, T6.1 just nipped out took some shots, loads of errors cleared them then tried again.
Didn't catch it on phone but 1st time reverse it show PDC to left blank on right but with the colour options then just went back to last 2 pics aagghh :}
It does show that new icon top left since ticked box and applied !

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

have you checked your powers and grounds with a multimeter?

pink/red - +12v

brown - 0v chassis ground

yellow - reversing light feed ( +12v when light on)

TRANS/BLACK - coax feed to NAVI unit - pin 6&12

more inf on T6.1

do you have LED or Halogen rear clusters?

have you got the correct REVERSE light feed at the back?

there is black/green and also a green/black

1651402611050.png

have you checked your powers and grounds with a multimeter?

pink/red - +12v

brown - 0v chassis ground

yellow - reversing light feed ( +12v when light on)

TRANS/BLACK - coax feed to NAVI unit - pin 6&12

Thanks for time Dellmassive mate, tick box is only the one stage cant seem to find other box !
PDC Module 10 Byte 00 - Will check this again !
Head unit Module 5F Byte 19 - Done but was in the 5F Information Electric section
Just tick the two boxes that say RVC install - pass not seen this option only found a 6c reverse cam but didnt tick will check where in VCDS

Ok going nip out 30 mins check my connections !
Many Thanks

FWIW . . .

my guide is for the T6.

the T6.1 has a different setup, different Nav,

not sure on the BCM differences?

+++

lets copy in a couple TRADE pros, to see if they can advise in any way.

@Dav-Tec
@Absolut5
@BognorMotors

+++

the schematic shows . . T6.1 halogen rear

reverse light M16, M17 as - gn/sw - Green/black.

so green wire, with Black tracer.

you need to check with a multimeter. . .

you might be on the wrong wire?

1651403080678.png

1651403068996.png

Tis sorted ! New meter and new battery was wrong blk / green for reverse aaghh all working not too keen on seeing number plate but works !
Strange that only needed Head unit Module 5F Byte 19 ticked !
So only coding I done was, 5F-Imformation Electr, then long coding then tick BIT4 / Byte 19 Rear View Low

what can i say !
Many thanks Dellmassive will buy you a few beer's if er indoors gets her way as she wants me to convert !
Also few ppl say they have to code mirrors to fold on button, mine had fold when lock option in setting on head unit !

IMG_2537.jpg

Last edited:
so you had the wrong wire at the back then?

1651407404085.png

Doh yes mate, many thanks :}
Believe it or not used to do alarms, phones trackers etc for a living but that was 20 yrs ago }

Tis sorted ! New meter and new battery was wrong blk / green for reverse aaghh all working not too keen on seeing number plate but works !
Strange that only needed Head unit Module 5F Byte 19 ticked !
So only coding I done was, 5F-Imformation Electr, then long coding then tick BIT4 / Byte 19 Rear View Low

what can i say !
Many thanks Dellmassive will buy you a few beer's if er indoors gets her way as she wants me to convert !
Also few ppl say they have to code mirrors to fold on button, mine had fold when lock option in setting on head unit !

View attachment 155132
Nice work, I’ve had a reversing camera from factory in my 6.1 and I can see the number plate also.

Back