Fault codes after towbar install T6.1

Italian Job

VIP Member
I've just finished installing a Westfalia tower using a PF Jones dedicated wiring kit to my 2021 T6.1. The towbar electrics are working as you would expect them to but I'm getting a couple of error messages relating to the front assist and stop start that won't clear. A friend with VCDS has scanned my van and come up with the fault codes shown, but says the module that controls the front assist isn't communicating. Can anyone suggest a course of action? Or something for me to check? Any help would be gratefully received . Thanks Paul.

Should have said, I've tried disconnecting the battery and connecting the pos and neg clamps together for a re set. That didn't work.

I fitted the exact same kit. I had loads of errors. Cleared all the faults with OBDEleven the. went for a drive for 30mins (still loads of faults with various modules), turned off engine (key completely out) and turned back on and it cleared all faults. Seems it needs a run in the van to reset or clear. Same happened with my friends T6.1

Thanks for the reply, those two codes appear straight away after they are cleared, I'm going to re visit the coding that my friend did to make sure everything has been done, I'll ask him about the autoscan that you mention...

I fitted the exact same kit. I had loads of errors. Cleared all the faults with OBDEleven the. went for a drive for 30mins (still loads of faults with various modules), turned off engine (key completely out) and turned back on and it cleared all faults. Seems it needs a run in the van to reset or clear. Same happened with my friends T6.1
I've only done a short journey since, cant hurt trying a longer journey, thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry to hear that. I just thought and forgot to ask... I had tow bar prep from the factory (so did my mates T6.1), do you have that or did you install the additional modules and the coding yourself?

I wish it had towbar prep, unfortunately not, the PF Jones kit comes with a trailer module if no towbar prep is present. I didn't personally do the coding, a friend did that for me.

I have the same fault showing, there was a cruise control and parking sensors that has cleared but front assist still showing. Did your clear eventually? I havent had it coded yet as only just fitted. Some of the lights on the trailer work/ some dont. Is this something the coding will sort?
Same kit from pf jones no TP
Thanks George

Back