T6.1 new order delays

Where have you ordered yours ? Which dealer ? I have the same in the 200BHP 4 Motion ordered in January but not even got a build week.
Is yours a a Kombi? I ordered 204 4M PV 21st March and have a build week of week 26 ,but not confirmed (28th June), with a dealer who supposedly had allocation.

If you only ordered in March and already have a week 26 provisional build, it must be a case that either the had allocation, or he was able to use one of their own stock orders for your order. Either way, sounds positive

Okay. I did not appreciate that it may be a stock order. I have not had any feedback on my order with Marshall VW. I have been told there is a problem with electrical components world wide so all manufacturers are faced with the same issue !

Where have you ordered yours ? Which dealer ? I have the same in the 200BHP 4 Motion ordered in January but not even got a build week.
I ordered from Basingstoke, Martins. Horrible experience with them. Second week of January. Dealer said he was worried it wasn't going to get built due to the chip shortage etc. I resulted in getting the SLI number from them and speaking with VW directly for updates.

Okay. I did not appreciate that it may be a stock order. I have not had any feedback on my order with Marshall VW. I have been told there is a problem with electrical components world wide so all manufacturers are faced with the same issue !
I was told them same.

Great that there are more messages of vans arriving than the desperation of “no idea when it might be” of a month or two ago... let’s hope this mayhem is really ending...
New member here, posting to add some good news to a thread that it seems has been mainly bad for some time!
I ordered my PV through Swiss Vans in January and it was delivered on Friday. Great service and only a couple of weeks later than originally planned, despite some yoyo’ing of the build date. Off to be converted in June, we’re properly excited now!
To those still waiting, keep your fingers crossed and you may get a surprise (hopefully a pleasant one...!)

Great News-just been told I have a confirmed build week 29 which I think is around 31 May. So van should be with me in July. -150 swb Kombi 4Motion.

So excited-couldn’t type -week 23 I believe. Thanks for spotting the mistake.
We have been quote build week 22 which VW told us is week commencing 31st May for our panel van. They said to contact them again Mid June for update.

I'm just adding what I've been told to the thread, ordered January 21, was told end of April originally, then May, now I have been told provisional build in September and expect October delivery considering shipping time etc.. but none of that is confirmed. Whats the SLI number that someone mentioned? I imagine my dealer wouldnt mind me following up with VW directly as I guess they are having a lot of the same conversations at the moment..

I'm just adding what I've been told to the thread, ordered January 21, was told end of April originally, then May, now I have been told provisional build in September and expect October delivery considering shipping time etc.. but none of that is confirmed. Whats the SLI number that someone mentioned? I imagine my dealer wouldnt mind me following up with VW directly as I guess they are having a lot of the same conversations at the moment..
Have you ordered a PV or kombi?
The SLI number is an eight digit number starting with a 3. Your dealer should give it to you.

Have you ordered a PV or kombi?
The SLI number is an eight digit number starting with a 3. Your dealer should give it to you.
Its a Kombi.. "T32 Kombi Highline LWB 204PS 2.0TDI 7-speed DSG 4MOTION in Pure Grey" from the order form. I'm just on the chat to VW now, they are trying to add my vehicle to the MyVehicles section on the VW webpage.. interestingly they tell me there is no confrimed build date yet :rolleyes:

Back